Notices

Conspiracy 57

Old 03-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike A.
Finally:
Hi Mike: glad to see you posting, and to see the old Thibedeaux pictures. The racers today don`t quite get what we used to do as pictured. We used to fly more than be in the water, and fly for 200 ++ miles in the open ocean, most times with no land in sight, and following a ball compass on the bounce. Your dad was a real racer and built the best team with the best rigging and one of the absolute best throttlemen alive today. My very good friend Jack Stuteville!! many have no clue who he was. He was one of the badest guys out there on the sticks, he and I ran against each other for many years in Europe and America, I have never raced against any one more fierce than Jack. You guys were the target to beat. All the best from your friend Richie Powers
Old 03-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
Hi Mike: glad to see you posting, and to see the old Thibedeaux pictures. The racers today don`t quite get what we used to do as pictured. We used to fly more than be in the water, and fly for 200 ++ miles in the open ocean, most times with no land in sight, and following a ball compass on the bounce. Your dad was a real racer and built the best team with the best rigging and one of the absolute best throttlemen alive today. My very good friend Jack Stuteville!! many have no clue who he was. He was one of the badest guys out there on the sticks, he and I ran against each other for many years in Europe and America, I have never raced against any one more fierce than Jack. You guys were the target to beat. All the best from your friend Richie Powers
Thanks for the kind words Richie. You know, my dad celebrated his 70th B'Day in 2005 and Jack came to his party. He looks exactly the same. Damn, the funny stories they were telling that night were priceless. Dad keeps coming in my office as I am scanning and laughing at me. Yeah, sure, then he sits down, looks at the pics, tells some stories and then leaves. This has been a good day.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

You just made my day Mike! What a joy to see the photo's. Thanks.

(Fish - green Sabre Dance? Cig 36?)
Old 03-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 7xchamp

Richie,

See my post ........#10 I believe, ring any bell's or am I thinking of a different boat?

Thanks
Jon
Old 03-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great Pictures

Mike, What great pictures, thank you for taking the time to scan and post.
Thank you
Philip
Old 03-03-2009, 01:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sabre Dance

Yes Nige,36ft Ciggy.Never seen colour pic before of it.What an unlucky colour for a boat,GREEN.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flying fish
Yes Nige,36ft Ciggy.Never seen colour pic before of it.What an unlucky colour for a boat,GREEN.
flying why unlucky the green?!
Supersticion?
Old 03-05-2009, 01:20 AM
Registered

Were these photos from Long Beach? I'm not familiar with many of the harbors in FL, but man do those pictures look like LB with the breakwall and what looks like San Pedro/PV in the background.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:24 AM
Registered

Marco, don't know about boat racing, but historically in Indy cars, green was very bad luck. I've heard stories that in the 50's and 60's some mechanics (that's before the became chiefs and engineers) were so superstitious that they wouldn't even use green wiring in the cars.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:57 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

There are a great many folk who believe that green is an unlucky colour!

Quick Reply: Conspiracy 57

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.