Nordskog 39 Cigarette on Ebay >

Nordskog 39 Cigarette on Ebay

Notices

Nordskog 39 Cigarette on Ebay

Old 05-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 211 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by TheFever29
no i didnt receive any questionable emails. he was very helpful. but i guess not knowledgeable about boats since now that i have the boat here with me and looking things over i might have to redo alot of the hoses which i already started. said this boat was ready to go but that was far from true. if i put this thing in the water the same day it would of sunk because all the water pickup lines were snapped which i noticed today way under the engines. also he tried to install a flush kit which is completely wrong and takes water on. so thats the next project.
also the trim tabs lines all cracked. batteries shot. expensive to get those 18 foot stainless cables made. so alot of work to get her ready again. it will be worth it though.
once i have most of the work done ill post pics up.
That boat sat most of this past winter in Tampa, with the cover off, so look around for any water problems from the rain sitting in there too.

Do you have a copy of John Crouse's SEARACE book? There are a lot of photos in there of this boat. John has discounted the book now, to get rid of some extra he had in storage...ck the HORBA site out and click on SEARACE. www.historicraceboats.com
Old 05-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

I got the boat yesterday.
Tomorrow i will do a better inspection of the boat and try to post some pics up as soon as i can. From what i saw this morning it is in fairly good shape. needs a good cleaning and a good run through on the engines but seems to be solid all aound.
The hull is Kevlar weighing at 2900lbs.
Original owner was Bob Nordskog and then it was signed away by Gerald C. Nordskog in 1995. It was recently restored by Barney Welch in Oklahoma in 2000. i will have to contact him for more info regarding the work done. Then it was purchased by cam-boat projects inc, in Largo, Florida which sold it to another person and now i bought it.
i will slowly try to track down all the info and pics of the restoration. If anyone has any info please post. thanks alot.
Congrats on the boat! I am glad to see its not going overseas!!!! I hope its not a big project.
Jr.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:34 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the boat yesterday.
Tomorrow i will do a better inspection of the boat and try to post some pics up as soon as i can. From what i saw this morning it is in fairly good shape. needs a good cleaning and a good run through on the engines but seems to be solid all aound.
The hull is Kevlar weighing at 2900lbs.
Original owner was Bob Nordskog and then it was signed away by Gerald C. Nordskog in 1995. It was recently restored by Barney Welch in Oklahoma in 2000. i will have to contact him for more info regarding the work done. Then it was purchased by cam-boat projects inc, in Largo, Florida which sold it to another person and now i bought it.
i will slowly try to track down all the info and pics of the restoration. If anyone has any info please post. thanks alot.
Did you actually weigh the boat???? I seen all of Nordskogs boats up close....Can you walk on the deck if you can its a bit heavier than 2900 lbs if you cant then I am sure that the one you can climb in the forward section and have somebody hold up their fingers up on the sunnyside of the boat and you can count them then its the light layup one....if memory serves me right that was the 35 though and not this one!!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 04:38 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on your purchase good luck with her she ran great in her day!!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

That boat was the buy of a lifetime...Congrats.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you cant walk on the front deck unless you want to tip toe. otherwise your gonna go straight through to the gas tanks and water tank
Old 05-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Registered

[QUOTE]Fever 29, You better replace ALL the hoses. After sitting for years, all the rubber hoses just dry-rot. Anything that's rubber needs to get replaced, nomatter how new it looks, even the braided. Just my $.02, but also the propshaft seals, drive bellows for SURE, and check the transom seal on the transom plates. Replace the mechanical fuel pumps, as they too have a rubber diaphram in them. It's always better to do it up front, then asume they're all good, and have a problem leaking fuel, or taking on water while out an hour from shore.

BTW, congrats on one hell of a boat. Cheers !!!/QUOTE]

frank,
thanks alot. i just pulled the boat up to PA so i can actually work on it in some decent weather. i may consider pulling the engines out and cleaning them all up. basically a solid inspection. will start a posting soon with the boat and pics.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Registered

charlie,

thanks for the link. im going to order the book this week.
does anyone actually have the original powerboat magazine from 1988?
Old 05-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Registered

Big thumbs up to you on your purchase! Congratulations. Nice to see this historic boat get the proper care.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has it been put in the water yet??

Still say it was the buy of the century

Quick Reply: Nordskog 39 Cigarette on Ebay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.