Notices

martini boat

Old 04-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hummmm.

What is SBI?

Hey Stormrider! It would be a lot cheaper than you would think. Email me at [email protected] and we can discuss. Unless he is broke, he can run this season. And I dont need the cash so would consider trades of all kinds as long as its worth more than im asking. Lol Ray
Old 04-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedaholic
What is SBI?

Hey Stormrider! It would be a lot cheaper than you would think. Email me at [email protected] and we can discuss. Unless he is broke, he can run this season. And I dont need the cash so would consider trades of all kinds as long as its worth more than im asking. Lol Ray
Super Boat International, we race mostly in FL, will be in marathon in a few weeks, www.superboat.com, I have a bit of experience with your hull, and could set it up for P-5 if you wanted to run.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Registered

Default Wow!

I didnt know they ran down here. It will take some time to get the boat ready and Marathon is too soon but Ft Laud might be possible. I got the motor sounding great! The SSM is good to go. Next is the steering. I need to fix what I got cause im not dropping no 4 grand on a new system. Time will tell. I have it working but it feels like its got a ton of air in it. Its like 12 turns lock to lock. Should be half that. Certainly not driveable but I havent really messed with it yet.

Are most boats setup for one man to throttle and the other to steer? Mine has two sit down bolsters but is setup for the driver to also throttle. Any one run that way? Ray
Old 04-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Registered

I didnt know they ran down here. It will take some time to get the boat ready and Marathon is too soon but Ft Laud might be possible. I got the motor sounding great! The SSM is good to go. Next is the steering. I need to fix what I got cause im not dropping no 4 grand on a new system. Time will tell. I have it working but it feels like its got a ton of air in it. Its like 12 turns lock to lock. Should be half that. Certainly not driveable but I havent really messed with it yet.

Are most boats setup for one man to throttle and the other to steer? Mine has two sit down bolsters but is setup for the driver to also throttle. Any one run that way? Ray
Ray,

If you are serious about running SBI, let me know what you need, I have a bunch of guys on both coasts of FL that can help out. Most boats are set up for one to throttle, and the other to steer, but we have won national and world championships with the 24 Pantera set up as a pleasure boat, so it is up to you, but I drove that 24, and it is tough to drive, throttle, and tab the boat all at once.

Rick
Old 04-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Registered

Default Well....

It all sounds interesting! I need to first get a handle of what the boat needs to do all this. Definitely not interested in running the whole schedule. The cost would be prohibitive (Not only the cost of racing but the cost of the divorce I would end up going through). But it seems like there are a couple of dates that are close enough to make it fun. I should have a better idea of the steering situation by the end of the week and will keep you posted. Thanks! Ray
Old 04-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Registered

It all sounds interesting! I need to first get a handle of what the boat needs to do all this. Definitely not interested in running the whole schedule. The cost would be prohibitive (Not only the cost of racing but the cost of the divorce I would end up going through). But it seems like there are a couple of dates that are close enough to make it fun. I should have a better idea of the steering situation by the end of the week and will keep you posted. Thanks! Ray
The only thing you really need is a reliable boat capable of 70MPH or better(preferably better as they have upped the speeds this year), lifeline jackets and helmets(can sometimes be borrowed if you are only running a few races), and a checkbook(its not too expensive to run P-class, but unfortunately its not free), and a good attitude, we have a good time at all races.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Registered

i have a 1979 martini with a new 454 warrantied motor and a freshly rebuilt trs drive and trans. also have the dyno papers for the motor(370HP). newer paint and interior. comes with a trailer that has new tires. if you guys know anyone that might be interested they can call me at 586-524-0952 or e-mail me at [email protected]. the boat also has a current marine survey....very solid, always fresh water. boat is in michigan. i can't get pics to upload so give me an e-mail to send them to.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by abbott
i have a 1979 martini with a new 454 warrantied motor and a freshly rebuilt trs drive and trans. also have the dyno papers for the motor(370HP). newer paint and interior. comes with a trailer that has new tires. if you guys know anyone that might be interested they can call me at 586-524-0952 or e-mail me at [email protected]. the boat also has a current marine survey....very solid, always fresh water. boat is in michigan. i can't get pics to upload so give me an e-mail to send them to.
"Shogun" ?
Old 05-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Registered

yep!!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Registered

ther is a underscore between the F and the A in the e-mail address. how do you upload pics?....anybody

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.