Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
1987 26 ft LS Scarab....$? >

1987 26 ft LS Scarab....$?

Notices

1987 26 ft LS Scarab....$?

Old 11-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great find, great boat! Any more pics lately?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks great ! If you ever have to paint it, loosing them bow rails would look super clean!! I think I like that better than the rounded windshield CV's that came after !!!!!
Old 11-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here are some more pictures.....

Originally Posted by bobo1
Great find, great boat! Any more pics lately?
I have not done anything with the interior yet, but I found a really nice set of Imco Powerflows that I put on it.

The last time I had it out every it ran great until I hit 4000 rpm it would start popping and running terrible. I figured it had to be ignition so I put a MSD Pro Billet distributor and a 6A that I had in the garage. Yes, the black wire is off of the coil because i took this picture after I unpluged it when the box started smoking.
This 6A is one that bit the dust before and I sent it back to MSD for repair. They charged me $75 plus freight and sent it back and said it was good as new. It ran great for about 5 minutes then bit it again. How can you possibly go wrong with a hot, a ground, ignition and coil wires. Well so much for my $75. Fortunately this nice family was close by and towed me back to my trailer.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing that could make me more jealous would be to find out what you paid for it...
Old 11-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hell it's got front and rear racing engine mounts?? sweet! somebody must have had some power in it at one time, or loved to run hard........
Old 04-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

So any updates on this project. I had a similar find with my Formula 242. When its all done, its worth all the effort! Nice job so far.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got it out the other weekend and took it to the water. Started up and idled fine until it started sucking water out of the fuel tank. Apparently the fuel fill o-ring is compromised and over the winter water was gettting past it into the tank. I drained the tank and cleaned out as best as I could, had to flush the water out of the carb bowls and all seemed to be fine. I have had a lot of problems with my 9022 carb transitioning from idle to primary circuits without pumping the throttle. Then I have to ease in to it slow to keep it from popping back through the carb. This weekend I got fed up enough that I pulled of the 780 Vacuum secondary carb off my '66 Chevelle and put it on the boat. It worked flawlessly from the second I fired it up to wide open. Never missed a beat and ran about 2 mph faster than the last time I had it out.

Last edited by Hondo Jet; 06-06-2011 at 09:33 PM.