Aeromarine IX ---- Let her go or keep ?? :mad:

Notices

Aeromarine IX ---- Let her go or keep ?? :mad:

Old 04-10-2010, 10:41 AM
MF
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeromarine IX ---- Let her go or keep ?? :mad:

Hi, i am stuck with this restoration. I have been on it for at least 4 years, dividing myself between three boats and not having time to do a lot on her.
She has been kept dry in an hangar for a while without nothing done...now i am selling the other boat i have and this man showed up asking me if i can sell him also the Cig.
He offered me 6K as is, with her belongings....
Now it's been 4 days that i am having all the type of thinking....do i need to get rid of her...NO, do i need to have a boat usable ....Yes...
I could sell the two and be on the weels of another one up and running in a week or so....even if smaller...( a small 25 ft tullio abbate sea star super single 7.4 330 or a 1988 272 sr1 twin 350 are on)...
I know that she is a big piece of classic offshore History...but i really need to go boating with my boat, not on my father's one or with other friends, if you know what i mean...

What would you do in this situation ??? I am going Nuts...

Last edited by MF; 04-10-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Registered

I need some pics to help with this call
Old 04-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

4 years restoring????????? Thats 3 years to long......... sell it. Money should be spent on running boats, not trailer queens. Hard to find buyers for a circa 72 race boat.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Registered

I would agree if you havent gotten it done by now you probably wont.

I see too many guys who should have bought running boats sitting drinking beer looking at thier project.lol

then theres the guys who would have that thing toegther in 4 weeks! done finished and on the water.

I used to be the 4 Weeks guy but Now I have 2 kids a drag car, a boat, a convertible and NO freakin TIME.LOL

I aint that guy anymore. so Id buy a running boat or something real close to running.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

NoNoNo!!!! Wait until I win the lottery this evening then sell her to me.....................................

I agree with the others on here - no disrespect but if you haven't done anything with it to date you're unlikely to in the near future. I'm willing somebody with the cash to buy it and restore it to original!! Now THAT would be GLORIOUS!!!
Attached Thumbnails Aeromarine IX ---- Let her go or keep ?? :mad:-my-photos-3045.jpg  
Old 04-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sell it, 6 years ago my husband and myself decieded we were getting too old for the offshores and our kids gots scared so we sold our Scarab and bought a 47' Commander and deceided to have it proffessionaly restored. Two years was the estimated time to do it and we jumped in, 6 years later its still at the boatworks. We invested so much money into it and I still have no boat. So my husband turns 50 this year, and I bought him a Cary 50 (he has always loved them) and they are shipping it up from Tampa to Michigan right now. Boy is he going to be surprised when this boat shows up at our shop on a trailer. I could beat myself in the head for holding on to this boat project for so long. I am so excited to be boating soon.
By the way its so cool I just found pictures of the boat I just bought him on this site from last fall when they were installing the new MAN diesels sitting on crates next to the boat.

Last edited by mewchat; 04-16-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:35 PM
MF
Registered

Still discussing with myself the question, but i think that you all guys are right...
I probably need to sell her and DO some powerboating...otherwise i will go nuts....