(OFF2010) Old Farts Forever 14-17 Oct 2010 >

(OFF2010) Old Farts Forever 14-17 Oct 2010

Notices

(OFF2010) Old Farts Forever 14-17 Oct 2010

Old 05-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ralph Donald, Bill Hosler

Today I talked with Ralph Donald for the first time. Ralph is a long time outboard hydro racer. He currently is running in Class 125cc and 175cc and will be bringing his boat to OFF2010 to display and run at Cadillac's place. Ralph will be bringing his friend Bill Hosler who is also a long time racer in these classes. Scotty Begovich recently told Jim Hauser that this is the boat he most wants to see run. More and more it is looking like we will see a very wide spectrum of boat types and ages in the water and running. - Steve Sirois
Old 05-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Registered

Default John Stenback

The amazing world of cell phones and the internet...As a result of a post by D.B.S. on S&F, I picked up my cell phones and called John Stenback. He answered with "Hello Steve". Turns out that D.B.S. was standing right there with John. So I talked to him too. Sometimes this stuff is downright scary. Anyway, John said that he and Marty Boosinger are talking about coming to OFF2010. D.B.S said he might come too. - Steve Sirois
Old 05-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Registered

Default Jerry Gilbreath Will Be There

Just talked to Jerry Gilbreath. He is currently retired and living in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. He has built a 34' wooden boat similar to a Riva and takes it to shows in that part or the country. Hopefully we will see some photos of it soon. Jerry told me he will definitely come to OFF2010. I originally met him and his father (Jake) in the 80's, at the Sarasota Grand Prix. As I remember, their innovative "Gil Bracket" design moved outboard motors out behind the transom and changed alot of thinking about how to run outboards. The last time I saw Jerry was at an Offshore race here in Jacksonville. Jerry was running Alcone Racing at that time and had brought my brother Bill onboard as a consultant. That was during the time that Bill was in need of an uplift, as he knew he was dying. I shall be forever grateful to Jerry for that. - Steve Sirois

Last edited by seeroy; 05-05-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:48 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by seeroy
Just talked to Jerry Gilbreath. He is currently retired and living in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. He has built a 34' wooden boat similar to a Riva and takes it to shows in that part or the country. Hopefully we will see some photos of it soon. Jerry told me he will definitely come to OFF2010. I originally met him and his father (Jake) in the 80's, at the Sarasota Grand Prix. As I remember, their innovative "Gil Bracket" design moved outboard motors out behind the transom and changed alot of thinking about how to run outboards. The last time I saw Jerry was at an Offshore race here in Jacksonville. Jerry was running Alcone Racing at that time and had brought my brother Bill onboard as a consultant. That was during the time that Bill was in need of an uplift, as he knew he was dying. I shall be forever grateful to Jerry for that. - Steve Sirois

Jerry and Bill were the two greatest setup men and tacticians in the history of Offshore racing IMHO....and their collaboration on the 8 engined (outboard powerheads laying sideways driving Mercruiser drives via gilmer belts) Popeye's Open class Cougar still ranks as one of the most advanced uses of traditional technology in racing. Both of them were championship caliber boat racers outside of the Offshore arena as well.

I look forward to seeing Gerry at OFF.

T2x
Old 05-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Registered

Default OFF2010 Dates Changed!!!!

The new date for OFF2010 is 7-10 Oct 2010

Anytime you set a date for an event X months in advance you take the chance that something will preclude that decision. The OPA World Championship race date has changed to the weekend of 15-17 Oct. Since GEICO Racing will participate in that event, they would have had to greatly lessen their participation in OFF2010. Their Open House and participation in last year’s Abacoa event was outstanding, and we do not want to lose that.

Therefore, in order to keep the GEICO participation at the level that we all greatly appreciated last year, we have moved the dates for OFF2010 forward by one week. We hope that this change does not adversely affect you.

We are currently finalizing arrangements with the event locations and hotels. When those arrangements solidify, we will post them on the Forums.

Best Regards and We Will See You at OFF2010 – Cadillac, Jim, Steve
Old 05-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Registered

Default Tom Posey & Mike Mullins

I just talked with Tom Posey. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, he will be at OFF2010.

Additionally, Mike Mullins has stepped into the fray and is pulling OMC guys out of the woods. So that everyone understands what we are striving for, I have included an excerpt that I sent to Mike earlier today.

“Good Morning Mike – As you know, we have worked hard to make this an all inclusive gathering. We were thrilled to have you and your OMC boat there last year. Because of the efforts of you and others, things are getting better every day. The possibility of having names like Sanders, Woods, and Posey at OFF2010, mixing with names like Seebold, Stickle, Wilson, and Serra is exactly what our desire has been from the very beginning.

Like I said before…Because of the efforts of folks like you, things are getting better every day. Thank You For Your Help And Best Regards – Steve Sirois”
Old 05-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Registered

Talking Johnnie Sanders

I just heard from Johnnie Sanders, and he definitely plans to attend OFF2010. Before this is over the OMC gang just might out number the Merc gang. I should not be allowed to have this much fun!!! - Steve Sirois
Old 06-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Registered

Default OFF2010 Update as of 9 June 10

Once again…..NOTE NEW DATES ARE 7-10 OCT 2010

Who….?
All types of boat racers and/or anyone remotely associated, to include families. Those who just want to meet and greet some of the legends of boat racing are also welcome. We could not possibly send out personal invitations to everyone. Since we do not have, and do not intend to have, a budget, we will count on forums and word of mouth from you to non-interneters, to spread the word.

What…?
“Old Farts Forever”, OFF2010 in Abacoa/Jupiter Florida, 7-10 October 2010. This is a gathering of old boat racers and their associates from “Back In The Day” to socialize and have a little fun. All events will be very informal. There are no registration fees and no fees to attend any of the scheduled events. All costs (lodging, food, drinks, entertainment, golf, fishing, etc.) will be the responsibility of each individual. This simple and informal concept has allowed OFF to go ON, regardless of the economy.

When…? Where…?

Thursday, 7 October 2010 – Time TBD-until, Earlybird at Sugarcane Bistro, 353 US Highway One, Jupiter, Florida. Cash bar and food.

Friday, 8 October 2010 – Time TBD, Open House at Geico Race Shop, Bldg A, 7555 Garden Road, Riviera Beach Florida.

Friday, 8 October 2010 – Time TBD -until at JJ Muggs Stadium Grill, 1203 Town Center Drive, Jupiter Florida. Cash bar and food. Boats on display in the street and in the park across the street.

Saturday 9 October 2010 – Time TBD, “Run What You Brung At Cadillac’s Place”, 8625 SW Kanner Hwy, Indiantown, FL 34956.Standard wet pit rules apply.

Saturday 9 October 2010 – Time TBD-until at Brix Italian Fishery, 1000 North US Hwy 1, Jupiter Florida. Cash bar and food.

Sunday 10 October 2010 – Golf, Fishing, Shopping, whatever floats your boat.

Why…? Because!!!!

Hotel info forthcoming as soon as we finalize rates.

Contact… [email protected]
Old 06-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Registered

Default Earl Bentz at OFF2010

Mike Mullins has done it again. He called me today to tell me he had talked to Earl Bentz and Earl will come to OFF2010. Mike commented that the "Factory Wars" were over a long time ago and it will be great to see old competitors shaking hands. I am in full agreement with him, BUT I am sure all will continue to tell lies about how fast they were going "Back in the Day". That's what all old boat racers did best...and we didn't have gps or any other "smart" devices to prove different..

We are only 3 months and 1 week away from OFF2010 and the planning process is picking up speed. We are on a plane and picking up lift! Event times are nearly finalized and we have 4 hotels that have offered us special rates. Cadillac is working on a couple more hotels near his place and is well along on planning for the "Get Wet" event at his place. I will issue a new update complete with event times and hotel info VERY SOON.

My greatest concern at this time is that someone might not have gotten the date change.
Regardless of anything, anyone sees...The dates for OFF2010 are 7-10 Oct 2010
Old 07-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Registered

Default OFF2010 Update (AS OF 1 July 2010)

As promised, below you will find event locations, times and hotel information with links to their websites.

When…? Where…?

Thursday, 7 October 2010 – Time 5:00ishPM-until, Earlybird at Sugarcane Bistro, 353 US Highway One, Jupiter, Florida. Cash bar and food http://www.sugarcaneislandbistro.com/

Friday, 8 October 2010 – Time 3:00PM, Open House at Geico Race Shop, Bldg A, 7555 Garden Road, Riviera Beach Florida. http://www.missgeicoracing.com/

Friday, 8 October 2010 – Time 5:00ishPM-until at JJ Muggs Stadium Grill, 1203 Town Center Drive, Jupiter Florida. Cash bar and food. Boats on display in the street and in the park across the street.
http://www.jjmuggsgrill.com/

Saturday 9 October 2010 – Time 9:00AM-5:00ishPM, “Run What You Brung At Cadillac’s Place”, 8625 SW Kanner Hwy, Indiantown, FL 34956.Standard wet pit rules apply

Saturday 9 October 2010 – Time 6:00ishPM-until at Brix Italian Fishery, 1000 North US Hwy 1, Jupiter Florida. Cash bar and food.

Sunday 10 October 2010 – Golf, Fishing, Shopping, whatever floats your boat

Please e-mail us at [email protected] if you plan to bring a boat and would like to display it at JJ Muggs Friday evening, and/or display/run it at Cadillac’s on Saturday. Eventually, we will respond with parking instructions, name and cell phone number for your arrival.

OFF2010 Hotels

La Quinta Inns
34 Fishermans Wharf
Jupiter Fl.33477
Phone 561-575-7201
Mention OFF for rate of $59.00
http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/prop...09&propId=6109

Doubletree Hotel
4431 PGA Blvd
Palm Beach Gardens, Fl, 33410
Phone 561-622-2260
Mention OFF for rate of $79.00
http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/...orida/index.do

Jupiter Waterfront Inn
18903 SE Federal Highway
Jupiter Fl. 33469
Phone 561 747-9085 1-888-747-9085
Mention OFF for rate of $89.00 with 10% discount for AARP or AAA members.
http://www.jupiterwaterfrontinn.com/

Homewood Suites by Hilton
4700 Donald Ross Road
Palm Beach Gardens Fl. 33418
Phone 561 622-7799
Mention OFF for rate of $149.00
http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/en...orida/index.do

AND THEN THERE IS CADILLAC’S PLACE, If you have a home on wheels, or you just want to pitch a tent. You can contact Cadillac at phone (772)285-2266 or e-mail [email protected]
Last year Odell Lewis parked his motor home there and he plans on doing the same this year. Cadillac + Odell = Party.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.