Magnum Marauder & Missile

Notices

Magnum Marauder & Missile

Old 06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Magnum Marauder & Missile

I have attached original sales sheets on the Magnum Marauder and Missile,the Missile was built in 1968,just before Don Aronow sold Magnum to Apeco.When was the Marauder produced ?

1.When was the Marauder produced?
2. Does anyone know how units were numbered in any way.
3.How many were produced of each model and until what date.
4 Who has one...just let me know for a list we are trying to develop.because magnum has no records on these models

Brownie...this should be and easy one for you. Bud
Attached Thumbnails Magnum Marauder & Missile-16-marauder-brochure-p1.jpg   Magnum Marauder & Missile-16-marauder-brochure-p2.jpg   Magnum Marauder & Missile-16-missile-brochure-p1.jpg  

Magnum Marauder & Missile-16-missile-brochure-p2-3.jpg   Magnum Marauder & Missile-16-missile-brochure-p4.jpg  
Old 06-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
I have attached original sales sheets on the Magnum Marauder and Missile,the Missile was built in 1968,just before Don Aronow sold Magnum to Apeco.When was the Marauder produced ?

4 Who has one...just let me know for a list we are trying to develop.because magnum has no records on these models

I tested both boats as a test driver for Kiekhaefer mercury at the Sarasota test base, I also did the boat house bulletins on them both. I was 19 yrs old at the time. Both were powered by inline six`s 1250`s or 125 hp. The missile was a blast, I used to run it into the wind with lot`s of trim and would stand on end, used to make it walk etc. I wanted one really bad, so I drove to meet Don about a Maurader, he made me a sweet deal but still could not afford, he asked me all about both boats, how fast, what did I think etc. Very big for a 19 yr old kid, that`s where I think I got the nickname from Don as hey kid. Not sure how many were built, but I helped Giovanni Theodoli find one of each which he is in the process of restoring both, I think Cadilac has a missle as well. The Maruader was a bit of a chine walker, but was not fast enough to hurt you, same with the missle.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Missile & Marauder

Thanks for the great information on the Missile & Marauder.

I did see the two units that Giovanni located at Magnum before he sent them off for re-hab. I know he is planning bringing them to the 2011 old-timers show in 2011 along with the new 27. Bud
Old 06-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Magnum didn't have space enough to build small boats. They had "Plant 2" full of 27's and special projects. I think they built about 150 Missiles, and 30 or 40 Marauders. I did the Miami Show for Don with the original Missiles, and mastered to 90 degree turn. Ended up witha boat full of piss.......
Old 06-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Missile & Marauder

Brownie,thanks for the info...like most high profile entrepreneurs make the claim within reason,and then have one of my staff give it a try.

Do you know what they sold for and how long they were produced??? Thanks Again. Bud

Also any idea on where Boar Hog and Leviathan migt be ????

Last edited by mr vinyl; 06-30-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
I tested both boats as a test driver for Kiekhaefer mercury at the Sarasota test base, I also did the boat house bulletins on them both. I was 19 yrs old at the time. Both were powered by inline six`s 1250`s or 125 hp. The missile was a blast, I used to run it into the wind with lot`s of trim and would stand on end, used to make it walk etc. I wanted one really bad, so I drove to meet Don about a Maurader, he made me a sweet deal but still could not afford, he asked me all about both boats, how fast, what did I think etc. Very big for a 19 yr old kid, that`s where I think I got the nickname from Don as hey kid. Not sure how many were built, but I helped Giovanni Theodoli find one of each which he is in the process of restoring both, I think Cadilac has a missle as well. The Maruader was a bit of a chine walker, but was not fast enough to hurt you, same with the missle.
My Daddy owned one in 1968. That was my first go fast boat ride ever, and I screamed and cried. I was scared $#%#^less, but hey, I was only 5!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr vinyl

I believe Veloce boats built some Marauder based boats in the 80's
Old 06-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missile

Originally Posted by Miamikid
I believe Veloce boats built some Marauder based boats in the 80's
MY SON AND I PUT A MISSILE TOGETHER ABOUT 2 YRS AGO. ITS GOT A STACKER ON IT AND HE'S RUNNING IT ON A LAKE NEAR EL PASO,TX. ITS A HAND FULL IN THE WIND.