Looking for Leviathan/Boar Hog >

Looking for Leviathan/Boar Hog

Notices

Looking for Leviathan/Boar Hog

Old 07-03-2010, 04:20 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flying fish
Boar Hog (1 or 2) became Leviathan???????

Why would Fernandez have Boar Hog Too prior to 72 KeyWest,sell it to Jackson as Leviathan (which raced all of 1972),then race it again as Boar Hog Too in 73-75.

Nah,you havin` a laugh.See exhibit `A`.
FF,as about Cigarette there were 28 ', 32', 34 ', 36' and 40 ' in Magnum measures were also different but not we merge them into one group than that of the Magnum ... or Cigarette boats. The 27' for example were different from the other Magnum boats (but with same hull however).
The point is to find a picture of the first Boar Hog Mag 27 '
but I think as usual we will end this argument so inconclusive.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default The IO 29-9

From what we were told the 29-9 was constructed to run in the under 30 ft class.There was one fitted with twins and was tester on Lake X by Don per Browine , Still hope for him to add his knowledge to this discussion.No decision was ever made on was this a lengthen from a 27/28 or cut down from a 32 ???.Attached is the vin # and some running shots. Bud
Attached Thumbnails Looking for Leviathan/Boar Hog-hin-.jpg   Looking for Leviathan/Boar Hog-logo.jpg   Looking for Leviathan/Boar Hog-hh4.jpg  

Looking for Leviathan/Boar Hog-hh6.jpg   Looking for Leviathan/Boar Hog-hh7.jpg  
Old 07-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Registered

A post off-topic but someone tell me what's that cabin between the Slingshot and the Head Hunter at the start of the 1977 Worlds in Key West?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Black Tornado; 07-03-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1977 Kw

PACIFIER,a Monza.Maybe can just make out the name.

Lnyx & Muffet are 21ft Lynx hulls

Marlin Cosmos although a cabin boat boat,doesn`t look like the name on side.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for Leviathan/Boar Hog-1977-key-west-1-.jpg   Looking for Leviathan/Boar Hog-1977-key-west-2-.jpg  
Old 07-04-2010, 05:06 AM
Registered

Default 1977 kw

I quote you Graham, for hull, size and name seem to be the Monza 28 'cabin Pacifier.
The only thing that left me puzzled in the first pic was the race number that in your precious list (and that Fuller has not revived more) read # 663 for a Pacifier of the unknow Savanders.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Registered

Default Pacifier?

You ol devil,you know my lists better than me.

I thought Pacifier was a rogue entry for key west,but no.It ran in the Hurricane classic as No 663 27ft Monza.In the pic it looks bigger than headhunter which is 30ft,and boat No is 138,so maybe it is `Marlin Cosmos`.Putting my second set of bionic eyes in,which ain`t much better than the first,maybe it`s `MARLIN` on the side.Would you really have 4 up in a 27ft boat.Sounds like the South American had their friends along for the ride,as you do.A bit of `Black Tornado` logic my friend.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Boar Hog

As a young man, back in the late 70's, I drove down to an armpit of a marina, on the Guyahoga River in Cleveland, Ohio...and bought a bunch of Mercury Twister 1 racing outboards, along with a couple pallets of BP lower-units, mid-sections, props, etc., from a guy named "Ben". If memory serves, Ben owned the marina. All this was sitting next to a silver/gray 32 Magnum ex-raceboat, with the name "Boar Hog" painted down the hullsides, that all these engines came off of. The boat looked to be the same boat, as in post #1, center photo. I know absolutely nothing else, regarding the Boar Hog.

Last edited by Ed; 07-04-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by flying fish
You ol devil,you know my lists better than me.

I thought Pacifier was a rogue entry for key west,but no.It ran in the Hurricane classic as No 663 27ft Monza.In the pic it looks bigger than headhunter which is 30ft,and boat No is 138,so maybe it is `Marlin Cosmos`.Putting my second set of bionic eyes in,which ain`t much better than the first,maybe it`s `MARLIN` on the side.Would you really have 4 up in a 27ft boat.Sounds like the South American had their friends along for the ride,as you do.A bit of `Black Tornado` logic my friend.
Ok Graham Ok, I found a photograph by Andres Nara in KW 1977 that may confirm (definitively I hope) that the boat was the Marlin Cosmos.
Although I can not understand how you can "read" Marlin in your photo in spite of your eyes bionic.
Besides, the only cabin cruiser entered the race according your files were precisely Nara Cabin Cruiser Open Class I and the famous Pira Pita in C.C. Open II.
The drama in five acts by Flying Fish and Black Tornado ends in anonymity and without spectators.
Accomplice the July 4.

Last edited by Black Tornado; 07-04-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
Although I can not understand how you can "read" Marlin in your photo in spite of your eyes bionic.
The drama in five acts by Flying Fish and Black Tornado ends in anonymity and without spectators.

My eyes have been specially trained on all those damn gallery pics.

The world is a stage,and we (devotees) are only bit part players.We await a final act by the leading roles in U.S. Offshore participation,to solve the mystery of the original `Boar Hog`.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Need help from Brownie

OK, we need some help from someone who was around in 1973 at Magnum or raced against the 29-9's.which has a 8 ft. 4 inch beam.Don't know if it was cut down from a 32 or increased from a 27/28.
I will check with Jim Armington and hopefully Brownie,Rich Powers,or McCarthy might be of help.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for Leviathan/Boar Hog-1-d.jpg   Looking for Leviathan/Boar Hog-1-c.jpg   Looking for Leviathan/Boar Hog-1-f.jpg  

Looking for Leviathan/Boar Hog-1-g.jpg   Looking for Leviathan/Boar Hog-1-e-resized.jpg  

Last edited by mr vinyl; 07-05-2010 at 09:42 AM.