Restoring a squadron 12 >

Restoring a squadron 12

Notices

Restoring a squadron 12

Old 07-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
I am big on the resto-mod idea of the older boats. Modern drive lines and electronics, understated interiors, and a timeless paint scheme. White Deck and hull bottom and solid color sides with an accent stripe is the way I would do mine.
Look at the Playboy Cigs and Donzi Classics. No matter what colors are "in" they never look outdated.
Also, def. put the Squadron XII logos back on and don't re-label it as a Cigarette.

+1
Old 07-30-2010, 07:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
My buddy has a 24 squadron XII thats never been rigged.

Probably the only one of its kind.

I am not a cig guy so I dont much about them but I know the hull has never been cut.
that must be the one that sold on ebay...did he get good paperwork with the correct XEX HIN on the boat? seller was evasive on that front...
Old 07-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

-----I sold him that unrigged Squadron.......Bill S
Old 07-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by olredalert
-----I sold him that unrigged Squadron.......Bill S
if you are referring to the post by ctsutphen, then there must be 2 of them! here is the one from CT that was on ebay. seller was in east hampton.

Last edited by Sean; 07-30-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sean

That hatch looks exactly like the one that is missing from my 27... HMMMMM...

Wanna sell it??
Old 07-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the boat is what it is . If the boat dosent intrest u or u dont like it, go buy one of the other 24 foot squadroon 12s that has never been rigged LOL
Old 07-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by brian becker
the boat is what it is . If the boat dosent intrest u or u dont like it, go buy one of the other 24 foot squadroon 12s that has never been rigged LOL
sounds like you are the "seller"...otherwise, i really don't get your comment. if your post is referring to me, i never said i didn't like the boat, in fact...as i stated in my other post in the Cigarette section, I would love to own a 24 or 27 Squadron. That said, unless it has XEX HIN and paperwork, it aint worth sh*t because the best anyone can do is title it as "homemade" a try and convince everyone its the real deal...

BTW...u were selling a 27 Excaliber Speedster at one point also...and another boat i think is extremely cool...and rare.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Registered

Default 24

The hull is an orginal squadron 12 hull made by Mr Arnnow Theres a long story behind it that I wont get into but hin or not I dont have to Prove to anyone what it is . I know thats all that matters to me If The hull numbers were ground off your boat would that not make it what it is? And as to this hull being repopped not really as there were so few made . Its just my point of view not picking fights with anyone . Your correct as to resale with the hin numbers But I really dont care with this hull one way or the other If u want to check it out sean for ****s and giggles Your welcome to Its a neat piece of history And your only 10 miniutes away
Old 07-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean
sounds like you are the "seller"...otherwise, i really don't get your comment. if your post is referring to me, i never said i didn't like the boat, in fact...as i stated in my other post in the Cigarette section, I would love to own a 24 or 27 Squadron. That said, unless it has XEX HIN and paperwork, it aint worth sh*t because the best anyone can do is title it as "homemade" a try and convince everyone its the real deal...

BTW...u were selling a 27 Excaliber Speedster at one point also...and another boat i think is extremely cool...and rare.
Thats rediculous, allot of people know this boat. Its pretty well known that it was a real squadron 12 and regardless of what HIN ends up on the boat its never going to be anything but a squadron 12.

The only question is: will people who dont really matter beleive it.

The answer to that is WHO CARES!!

If your buying a boat for what others think your buying the boat for the wrong reasons anyway.

Now if you want a BAD AZZ boat thats basically brand new , that you know is what it is and your gonna enjoy it for yourself then your looking at the right boat.LOL

while I am not a Cig guy, (I am a sutphen guy) I wouldnt Give a crap what the HIN was on a sutphen as long as it came out of the sutphen factory. I dont even know what my HIN is on my boat and I dont care.LOL

By the way arent you the guy whos into RESTO MODDING the old boats. So somethings are OK to change hiistory on but a ground in HIN isnt?

WTF kind of logic is that?

Last edited by 30ctsutphen; 07-30-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Registered

I don't give a crap about what people think of what I'm running...but i do care about resale value and you'll care when it comes time to sell it because it will never be worth it's true value without legitimate paperwork. Would you pay COPO money for a 69 Camaro without proper documentation? Didn't think so Not doubting it's quality or authenticity, but without proper paperwork, your market for this boat becomes limited.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.