Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Restoring a squadron 12 >

Restoring a squadron 12

Notices

Restoring a squadron 12

Old 07-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To your point about resto-mods, these boats will never be in the same realm as classic cars and will never even come close to "numbers-matching", so to put new power in a classic boat can only increase it's value over some bored-out tired motor that 20 people have been wrenching on for the past 30 years. As for the 24 in question, since it never had any power at all, none of this applies because it was never rigged.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

engine hatch looks to be off another boat
Old 07-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean
I don't give a crap about what people think of what I'm running...but i do care about resale value and you'll care when it comes time to sell it because it will never be worth it's true value without legitimate paperwork. Would you pay COPO money for a 69 Camaro without proper documentation? Didn't think so Not doubting it's quality or authenticity, but without proper paperwork, your market for this boat becomes limited.
sean I dont believe either of US ever claimed the boat was worth EXACTLY what a boat with a cig HIN would be worth unrigged.

your quote: ( That said, unless it has XEX HIN and paperwork, it aint worth sh*t because the best anyone can do is title it as "homemade" a try and convince everyone its the real deal...)

It was you that barged in and said the boat wasnt worth SH&^ if I remember correctly.

Thats a very strong statement about someones boat, thats been kept untouched for many many years. Its dry and has never been cut and has the style and history of one of the most sought after boats around. It IS in fact a squadron 12 based on the trail of its history and word of its past owners.
That ALONE is enough to certainly make it worth a fair amount of money.

As for a yenko comparison can you hoestly say that a yenko that came out of the back door of the factory, had the story of all its passed owners to back up its authenticity but had never been VIN'd or used at all wouldnt be worth allot of money?

Having owned some of the rarest cars around RAIV firebirds I can tell you It likely would be worth MORE than its yenko brethren because it would be one of one!

Last edited by 30ctsutphen; 07-30-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:35 AM
Registered

Might not be big $ to you but my copo clone just sold for 89K! as for Mr beckers stuff i've noticed alot of bad azz chit he's had!! Rich
Old 07-31-2010, 05:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hull numbers and aronow boats....

i am sure there are many aronow hulls with numbers and without.

best of luck with your restoration. if you need guidance let me know.

Chris
Old 07-31-2010, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cig20
engine hatch looks to be off another boat
I agree. I mentioned that earlier, Looks kinda familiar. I'll bet I know which boat it came off of..

Cig20, can you send me an email or PM please.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Registered

Toasty, Hows that sutphen doing?

Golf max Thats good input on the copo clone.

I think we al know that cars are different than boats but at the same time. I think that was good money for your clone.

I bet it was every bit as fun as a real COPO maybe more because you didnt have the worries so much.

As for this boat. The trail of owners previous shows it to be the real deal.

We al know its not the same as having the HIN to PROVE its authenticity but since No other unrigged squadron 12's are available it sure makes it a very rare peice and anything that rare is gonna have some good value.

As for that hatch I dont think Brian would ever let it go without the boat but I suppose everything is for sale at the right price.LOL

I know he doesnt really want to sell this boat but hes got too much stuff and no place to keep it all really.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

whats the difference between a squadron xii (hull) and a mag sport? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Fantastic project! I really don't believe not having the hull number will make much difference. What will though is the rigging and quality of components used to set her up. The hardest part in my opinion will be choosing the interior and exterior look. I believe that could have a large impact on the
resale value. Please post photos and progress reports.
One of my favorite boats!
Old 07-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Registered

is this boat in question sold or still forsale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.