Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Restoring a squadron 12 >

Restoring a squadron 12

Notices

Restoring a squadron 12

Old 08-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well thats a question for brian. Hes not big on the Idea of selling it and it didnt sell on ebay.

I personally think he should sell it because its alot of work to put together and although he already has the 502 and allot of other parts to do the job He has other boats too. One that is 99% done and ready to rock and roll.

This boat is for someone who has allot of time to be meticulous and do everything 100% right and the place to do it.
Thats just my opinion.
As someone above stated if you do it well youd have one hell of a killer boat in the end.
Dont do it well and you just have another garden variety boat.

This could be a Project boat that allot of people would follow with a ton of interest because it IS a very interesting hull with an interesting past.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen

As for this boat. The trail of owners previous shows it to be the real deal.

As for that hatch I dont think Brian would ever let it go without the boat but I suppose everything is for sale at the right price.LOL
Can we trace the ownership of the hatch?
It looks to be the perfect match for my restoration, especially since mine is missing its hatch..

It would be awesome to have the original hatch back for my Squadron...

Last edited by 26 Spyder; 08-02-2010 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Added pics
Old 08-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Registered

Thank you to everyone for your input on restoring my squadron. I really appreciate it! I am definitely going to put the squadron xii logos on the boat. And JnT, yes that is my boat in Marietta, GA and you actually spoke with my dad about it! It is at his shop, and will be there, so feel free to stop by any time. Maybe we will run into each other up there. 26 Spyder, I will def email you some pics if you are interested. And as far as the "hull" conversation, I am assuming that is not anything to do with my boat?? Mine is hull #16 if anyone is curious! Again, thanks for your opinions and advice. It's greatly appreciated.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Registered

Oh, and Tom A, I like the way you think. We are def on the same page!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 81squadronxii
Thank you to everyone for your input on restoring my squadron. 26 Spyder, I will def email you some pics if you are interested. And as far as the "hull" conversation, I am assuming that is not anything to do with my boat?? Mine is hull #16 if anyone is curious! Again, thanks for your opinions and advice. It's greatly appreciated.
Please stay in touch with the pics. I also have dug up a lot of info if on these boats.
I have hull # 18 which is the last of the 27s.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sean I dont believe either of US ever claimed the boat was worth EXACTLY what a boat with a cig HIN would be worth unrigged.

your quote: ( That said, unless it has XEX HIN and paperwork, it aint worth sh*t because the best anyone can do is title it as "homemade" a try and convince everyone its the real deal...)

It was you that barged in and said the boat wasnt worth SH&^ if I remember correctly.

Thats a very strong statement about someones boat, thats been kept untouched for many many years. Its dry and has never been cut and has the style and history of one of the most sought after boats around. It IS in fact a squadron 12 based on the trail of its history and word of its past owners.
That ALONE is enough to certainly make it worth a fair amount of money.

As for a yenko comparison can you hoestly say that a yenko that came out of the back door of the factory, had the story of all its passed owners to back up its authenticity but had never been VIN'd or used at all wouldnt be worth allot of money?

Having owned some of the rarest cars around RAIV firebirds I can tell you It likely would be worth MORE than its yenko brethren because it would be one of one!
Perhaps "sh*t" was a poor choice of words on my part, but brian's response to my ebay question spoke volumes...because there was no respsonse...so what does that tell you??? People need to be more up front and honest right from the start...

no matter though...best of luck with the restoration and/or sale of the 24...im done on this subject.

81squadronxii - best of luck with your restoration, be sure to post pic or email to me and i'd be happy to post!

Last edited by Sean; 08-02-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Registered

81squadronXII Sorry for the thread Hijack.

I just felt I had to defend this boat and its history.

I realize sometime people get a little carried away.

sean I realize you didnt get a reply on your question but I dont think that was him not being up front about anything He just didnt answer you. maybe it slipped his mind, maybe he got busy, Or maybe he just had a ton of emails to answer.

I know he got 100's of emails on this boat when it was online.

I highly doubt he intended to mislead you because he has always been very up front about the HIN withanyone he told the story of this boat too in front of me.

Brian has had allot on his plate too
Old 08-02-2010, 09:59 PM
JnT
Registered

Your Dad does some great paint work judging by what I saw at the shop. He showed me the pics of how you want the boat to look and it was killer. Just stick with the Squadron graphics and it will be beautiful. Throw some big horsepower in that fine boat and make her run.
Damn I'm jealous!
Wanna sell it??

Last edited by JnT; 08-02-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Toasty, Hows that sutphen doing?

Golf max Thats good input on the copo clone.

I think we al know that cars are different than boats but at the same time. I think that was good money for your clone.

I bet it was every bit as fun as a real COPO maybe more because you didnt have the worries so much.

As for this boat. The trail of owners previous shows it to be the real deal.

We al know its not the same as having the HIN to PROVE its authenticity but since No other unrigged squadron 12's are available it sure makes it a very rare peice and anything that rare is gonna have some good value.

As for that hatch I dont think Brian would ever let it go without the boat but I suppose everything is for sale at the right price.LOL

I know he doesnt really want to sell this boat but hes got too much stuff and no place to keep it all really.
its a slow process... but doing well
Old 08-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default TRS request for Brian

Brian,you buddy 30ctsuphen said you may have a set of rebuilt old style TRS drive rams, I need the old style with the hydro lines at the front of the ram,near the transom. I restore old Magnums www.magnumboatrestoration.com. Bud

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.