Notices

3100 shadow cat

Old 09-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wideawake
You are dead on, with your description of Willy.

People thought I was insane.

I was normal, compared to Willy.

And I mean that in a good way.
Bobby,

Don't sell yourself short. You raced balls to the walls. Not to pump your ego, but it was racers like you and Willy that got me racing. You guys didn't know the meaning of backing down. Great to see the true offshore racers on here.

Robert
Smokey and the Bandit
P-31
Old 09-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I HAD SEEN THE "LOVE IT again" DOWN IN fT. LAUDERDALE
SOME YEARS BACK....SHE HADE THREE (3) 1/4 CANOPIES ON AT THE TIME, LOOKING A LITTLE FUGLY WITH THEM TOO.
I WAS SURPRISED TO SEE THEN, THAT THE "KINETIC FORD"
SMALL BLOCKS WERE STILL IN THE BILGE. ALSO HER NEW NAME THEM WAS "PHANTOM" AND STILL LOOKING GOOD TOO...................

CRASH-BOX
Old 09-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you for the kind words, Robert. Maybe we were a different generation. We raced to race. When I started in 1972, we were still testing to see if fiberglass and drives and engines would take the punishment and STILL finish.
I ran hard because I was to stupid to slow down, and I didn't like to be second to anyone. David Gilmore, Sal Maglutta and I were best of friends on the hard, but once on the water, look out. You push until someone broke, if they were alright, you kept going. If people want to run up and down the beach and call it ocean racing, that's fine. I personally liked to run in the open, no GPS, no cellphone just a compass and chart and whatever mother-nature could throw at you. Blown-out knees, broken teeth and ankles, sunk boats, but God it was fun. Sorry for the rant.
No problem on the rant. I was literally one generation after you. Started in 1983. Offshore racing is meant to be OFFSHORE and navigation should be a part of any offshore race.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by littlenige

Not sure if these are all marked as Shadow cats - some may be Chris Craft etc - sorry!
I looked into buying Euro Marine a few years back. Even spoke with "Tom C" (I think that was his name) on the phone about when he used to race it. I'll look for some of the recent pics I took of the three I've looked at recently.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Registered

Last 3 I looked at.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The blue Twin OB boat - Did that used to be a race boat? Fish Peddler maybe?
Old 09-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

that is not fish peddler.....
Old 09-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

and I believe that the Euro Marine is a Chris Cat....
Old 09-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Registered

The blue one has always been a pleasure boat, 1981

And I agree, I believe euro was a chris. He was asking 24 at the time but it didn't have a cabin which killed the sale for me
Old 09-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Registered

Default Open Water

Thank you for the kind words, Robert. Maybe we were a different generation. We raced to race. When I started in 1972, we were still testing to see if fiberglass and drives and engines would take the punishment and STILL finish.
I ran hard because I was to stupid to slow down, and I didn't like to be second to anyone. David Gilmore, Sal Maglutta and I were best of friends on the hard, but once on the water, look out. You push until someone broke, if they were alright, you kept going. If people want to run up and down the beach and call it ocean racing, that's fine. I personally liked to run in the open, no GPS, no cellphone just a compass and chart and whatever mother-nature could throw at you. Blown-out knees, broken teeth and ankles, sunk boats, but God it was fun. Sorry for the rant.
WELL SPOKEN BOBBY, GLAD TO SEE YOUR STILL HANGIN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.