24' Sonic twin o/b resto >

24' Sonic twin o/b resto

Notices

24' Sonic twin o/b resto

Old 06-29-2013, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
I really wish I could meet you guys down there. I'm Jones'n bad.

Had a great day on the water yesterday w/a couple of Cajun buddies (Lake Trash and his friend Rick) along for the ride. Did some prop testing too and definitely went backwards.
Tried a set of 26" 4 blade Choppers I just bought off the board and the stinkin boat hates em! Too bad too cuz they look way cool
Motors are all the way down and they still scream their guts out (5K) to get on plane. A best of 68.5 which ( 3 people and 3/4 tank) 3 MPH's off my best of 71.5 w/a pair or Rakers if you can believe it.
Was also running my Lightnining housings too so the extended bullet length may be costing me some speed. I know nose cones on the old boat cost my 3 MPH's.
We went out through the Sebastian Inlet and it was the worst I've seen. Sold 6' - 8's. Was white knuckle too because as soon as I let off for the first wave, the props cavitated so bad the boat would came off plane. Did a bunch of work on the old boat so it would launch on plane just for that reason while in Lake Erie.
Almost ZERO steerage in those conditions. When a wave would pass us, it would completely stop the boat and turn us towards the rocks.
Once through the inlet is was rolling 4' - 5' swells and that was big fun. I know we had 20' of the air off of one that I misjudged just a tad
Came back in, picked up my wife and then ran down to Vero Beach for lunch. Put 50 mls or so on the boat and had a blast.

Took the time to get some good shots of the boat today showing off the new interior. I am making side panels to tie the front and rear seats together but everything else is done. Can hardly tell in the pix's but the middle section is white and the outside is silver. All in the carbon fiber pattern. The silver really pops in the sun.
Boat is now on my new to me aluminum trailer. Torsion axles w/disc brakes on both. After selling the old steel trailer (built for this boat in '85) I have $300. in this one

It does need a Keys fix though.

Hope you like the pic's.

Very sweet rig!!
Old 07-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
Very sweet rig!!
Thank You Sir!

May be for sale soon.

We have a contract on a house and if it goes through the Sonic will sacrifice itself to fund construction of a garage and pole barn/shop.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Thank You Sir!

May be for sale soon.

We have a contract on a house and if it goes through the Sonic will sacrifice itself to fund construction of a garage and pole barn/shop.
Alright now...don't go doing that till we square off and see what's what LOL. I'm still focusing and catching a glimpse of mid 70's and I'm still turning both wheels clockwise!! LOL

Anyway..you have to do what you have to do and now is a great time to buy...especially here in Florida. My brother and I are getting back into flipping and it's better now than it ever was.Seems like the quick movers in Broward and Palm Beach Counties are $100K to $150K...looks like that's the sweet spot right now.

I have to catch up again on all that money I lost in the market over the last 6 years...learned my lesson!!

Maybe you won't have to sell the Sonic...but if you do...knowing you're the master of budget boating...you'll have another project brewing soon!!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:30 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

this thread was a great read!

ive been looking it two boats for the last several days, a 84 sonic 24 with a single merc 225 i can buy for 8k or so and a 84 scarab 30ft cc with twin 225 evinrudes i can buy for 15k... after reading this thread im gonna try to close the deal on the sonic in the am. there are a pair of yamaha 250s i can buy for 6k or so to make the sonic run hard...rm
Old 08-29-2013, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i saw you now have you boat for sale, have you had many calls on it? good luck with the sale, rm