Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
There's got to be more signature boats out there,  right? >

There's got to be more signature boats out there, right?

Notices

There's got to be more signature boats out there, right?

Old 02-20-2011, 06:22 AM
Registered

Received 1,820 Likes on 712 Posts
Default Yep.

I'd like to see that one.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very interesting. Is it possible that the yellow on this 27 is original gel?

1987 "SIGNATURE" OFFSHORE RACING HULL AND TRAILER ONLY. POWER NOT INCLUDED. 786-975-3500 Location: HOMESTEAD
Attached Thumbnails There's got to be more signature boats out there,  right?-1987yellowsignature.jpg  

Last edited by GregGuimond; 02-20-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is mine when I bought it, sorry it took me some time to figure out how to up load pics. As you can see there are many different things on this boat starting with the twin Ford V6's and the powerglide trannys and moving to the inboard props and the automotive moon roofs. I have since spent the last year gutting it back to bare hull and starting over with a merc 7.4 MPI and a Bravo one drive and also glassed a wind shield for it. I'm alomost ready for paint the boat at one time had a TRS I belive from the hole that was patched on the transom and the lower half of the hull was a yellow gel coat and the top was a white gel coat, what a lot of sanding thats takin. So thats why I've been looking for other sigs to see what the insides were like and would love to know its history.
Attached Thumbnails There's got to be more signature boats out there,  right?-dsc02895.jpg   There's got to be more signature boats out there,  right?-dsc02897.jpg   There's got to be more signature boats out there,  right?-dsc02894.jpg  

There's got to be more signature boats out there,  right?-dsc02921.jpg  
Old 02-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by gttdnbman
This is mine when I bought it, sorry it took me some time to figure out how to up load pics. As you can see there are many different things on this boat starting with the twin Ford V6's and the powerglide trannys and moving to the inboard props and the automotive moon roofs. I have since spent the last year gutting it back to bare hull and starting over with a merc 7.4 MPI and a Bravo one drive and also glassed a wind shield for it. I'm alomost ready for paint the boat at one time had a TRS I belive from the hole that was patched on the transom and the lower half of the hull was a yellow gel coat and the top was a white gel coat, what a lot of sanding thats takin. So thats why I've been looking for other sigs to see what the insides were like and would love to know its history.
Never seen this one but??? This may be one of the boats that was used to haul square grouper. I heard that there were a few of Tom's boats set up with large hatches for hauling that product..
Old 02-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would certainly have been possible if not probable back in that era. The heavy layup would not have hurt that "activity" either. I don't think I have seen a larger grouping of Signature 27's for sale in a long while. One in CA, one in FL, and one in NY. Any of the three would be cool projects. What beam does the hull have anyway?

Last edited by GregGuimond; 02-20-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by HIGH LIFE
Greg, From what I've read he splashed a 27' MAGNUM hull. H2O once saw his boat in Michigan, Signature deck with MAGNUM hull & MAGNUM H.I.N. "HIGH LIFE"
This 27' Signature is the one Tom had on display at the St Clair Mi race back in 1976 & the one used here . She had Volvo drives on her just like his Magnum, & a Magnum Vin #. Here is a page from Powerboat Magazine showing all the boats & the 38'.
Attached Thumbnails There's got to be more signature boats out there,  right?-signature-27-f-e.jpg   There's got to be more signature boats out there,  right?-sig-1979.jpg  
Old 02-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by GregGuimond
That would certainly have been possible if not probable back in that era. The heavy layup would not have heard that "activity" either. I don't think I have seen a larger grouping of Signature 27's for sale in a long while. One in CA, one in FL, and one in NY. Any of the three would be cool projects. What beam does the hull have anyway?
The 27' has a 7'10" beam, just like a Magnum..
Old 02-21-2011, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 1,820 Likes on 712 Posts
Default Interesting...

Originally Posted by h2oboater
This may be one of the boats that was used to haul square grouper. I heard that there were a few of Tom's boats set up with large hatches for hauling that product..
was trying to figure out what gay guy did that. Now I understand
Have been watching that yellow one on craigs down here for a while. Looks clean in the one and only picture but based on my current project and based on location that don't mean a thing.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Great Idea

Using my Sig 27 project as a sign for my shop PERFECT and a lot cheaper than the fix up.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gttdnbman
Taurus SHO engines......... Weird choice.

Jeff