Notices

1970 Bertram Baron 28 Project

Old 03-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hats off.

I love everything about this. The right boat to save. Garage not big enough....no problem, a little cold.......no problem, no a frame engine hoist...... no problem, paint booth too short.....no problem, need to soak 16' of rub rail.....no problem.

Beautiful work, great vision.

Best part will be taking it out the first time with the whole family. Enjoy....you earned it.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Good Advice

"Never make eye contact when eating a banana"
Old 03-04-2012, 03:44 AM
Registered

Yes, this is a truly impressive restoration to a beautiful boat. Having watched my father rebuild a 1971 Magnum 27 Sport, I can full appreciate how much time effort and money something like this demands. I look forward to seeing some pictures of the boat in the water.....
Old 03-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratman72
Yes, this is a truly impressive restoration to a beautiful boat. Having watched my father rebuild a 1971 Magnum 27 Sport, I can full appreciate how much time effort and money something like this demands. I look forward to seeing some pictures of the boat in the water.....
C'mon Christian, we know John is doing all of the work!

Jeff
Old 03-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Registered

Smoly hokes! You do good work, man!

Nik
Old 03-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Registered

Hi Jeff, fixed your Donzi yet? I keep promising Ian to get some pic's of the Magnum up here......watch this space. It's coming on really well but I think it's a tall order for this summer! Hopefully see you at Cowes!
Old 03-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratman72
Hi Jeff, fixed your Donzi yet? I keep promising Ian to get some pic's of the Magnum up here......watch this space. It's coming on really well but I think it's a tall order for this summer! Hopefully see you at Cowes!
The bottom is straight now. Rigging starts this weekend.
That Magnum had better be ready! If not not, we'll just have to settle for a ride in the Apache.......
Here's some footage of your Dad's old boat @4:33 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFvXBINLInc
Tell the ol' chap to put down the Blackberry and get cracking. With any luck it will be as nice as this guy's Bertram.

Jeff
Old 03-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hallj
The bottom is straight now. Rigging starts this weekend.
That Magnum had better be ready! If not not, we'll just have to settle for a ride in the Apache.......
Here's some footage of your Dad's old boat @4:33 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFvXBINLInc
Tell the ol' chap to put down the Blackberry and get cracking. With any luck it will be as nice as this guy's Bertram.

Jeff
Oy, What do you mean Luck ! in your case it may be, but "captaintyler " and myself think its more of a skill for us.
Anyway you should stop pushing out all of this crap and get back to work on your own boat, heaven knows you need the practice Sonny.
From the OLD MAN himself - without the aid of his Blackberry.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Took a break from varnishing and installed some of the deck hardware. Intake vents, Flush mount cleats, stern light, eahaust tips, step pads and finished the windshield installation.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.