Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Budget first go fast boat. Recomendations please. >

Budget first go fast boat. Recomendations please.

Notices

Budget first go fast boat. Recomendations please.

Old 11-12-2016, 03:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by little_dingy
Could you guys help a newb out an fill me in on the pp pedigree. Googling powerplay boats isn't bringing up much.
The 502 bravo combo sounds exciting.

Are the cuddy cabins on both pretty useless? Can't find any info on what's in the forward berth of either.
I don't have first hand knowledge on Powerplay but if you read through some of this thread.............. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...lay-boats.html ...... I think you'll be sold on them!

Another thread more specific to the 25, http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...tory-25-a.html

Google search is good but OSO searches are better.

Good luck.
RR
Old 11-12-2016, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 51 Posts

I really liked my 25 active thunder. 502 bravo ran right at 70 bone stock. Handled great for the size of the boat. Cabin was a bit tight but useable. Extremely fun to drive ,easy on fuel and insurance was cheap. And you can tow with a 1/2 ton truck .
Old 11-12-2016, 10:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could you guys help a newb out an fill me in on the pp pedigree. Googling powerplay boats isn't bringing up much.
The 502 bravo combo sounds exciting.

Are the cuddy cabins on both pretty useless? Can't find any info on what's in the forward berth of either.
the cabin on the powerplay is big just got to crawl into it... quality and great handling boat
Old 11-12-2016, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what do you guys think about the low freeboard and sit down go fast seats? Everything I've read in those two threads sounds great. I pm'd the owner a few days back. waiting on a reply.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

what do you guys think about the low freeboard and sit down go fast seats? Everything I've read in those two threads sounds great. I pm'd the owner a few days back. waiting on a reply.
👍The way to go!
Old 11-12-2016, 11:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 469 Posts

Freeboard only really matter when you're anchored in rough water or if you want higher sides so your kids are sitting down deeper inside the boat. Up and running would be pretty much the same. Maybe a tiny bit more spray in the rear lounge on a windy day, just go faster and leave the spray behind!

Bolster seats are good if you're running fast in the chop and doing a bit of work. Normal driving, just sit down and enjoy. Bit of personal preference, doubt you'd have a problem either way.

I'd love to know more about the Powerplay, let us know what happens.

RR