Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

26ft Cary......Cranberry Queen

I was checking out the powerboat archives and came across a 26ft Cary in 1969 called "Cranberry Queen" was there a 26ft Cary or was it a spelling error?

Registered
    My Boats:
    Offshore Racing, Classic Magnums
    There was a 26' Cary outboard for sale last year in South Jersey. Hope this helps.

Registered
    My Boats:
    4 BOATS KILLED :)
    There were two 26' Carys. The first one was the bottom of the 28' Cigarette, cut off at the 2nd gunwhale. When JC Simon had Cary, he raised the sides and made a sportboat.

Gold Member Gold Member h2oboater's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1973 Donzi X-18 1975 Donzi Doral 1973 Magnum Sport 1973 Sedan Magnum & SMIDGEN Too 1975 24' Cobra
    This red & white 26' is the JC Simon sport Cary built in the mid 70's. The blue & white 26' Cary was the original vee drive boat by Elton Cary.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered
    -----Geez Mark,,,Find me one of those and either the Spitfire or the El P will go away. I remember seeing this paperwork years ago and loved the double cockpit boat then and still think its beautiful.

-----The stern almost looks like its covered in teak in the pen and ink drawing. Do you know???......Bill S
    Last edited by olredalert; 01-03-2012 at 10:37 AM.

My Boats:
    1973 Donzi X-18 1975 Donzi Doral 1973 Magnum Sport 1973 Sedan Magnum & SMIDGEN Too 1975 24' Cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
    -----Geez Mark,,,Find me one of those and either the Spitfire or the El P will go away. I remember seeing this paperwork years ago and loved the double cockpit boat then and still think its beautiful.

-----The stern almost looks like its covered in teak in the pen and ink drawing. Do you know???......Bill S
    Bill you need more toys. From these pic's it looks like they used teak on the deck & stern. They even made a CC 19' Cary.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered
    My Boats:
    1984 Formula 242
    I'm getting the impression Mark has been around boats for awhile......... maybe it's just me?

Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by RdRacerZ28 View Post
    I'm getting the impression Mark has been around boats for awhile......... maybe it's just me?
    Noah asked Mark for help if that gives you any idea.
    Last edited by Lee; 01-03-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Registered
    My Boats:
    1984 Formula 242
    Doesn't suprise me, but it must have been before Mark knew about Deep-Vee designs because the ark doesn't have much of a dead-rise

My Boats:
    Quote Originally Posted by RdRacerZ28 View Post
    Doesn't suprise me, but it must have been before Mark knew about Deep-Vee designs because the ark doesn't have much of a dead-rise
    But it has a stepped bottom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast