Notices

Concord LS7 info

Old 01-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concord LS7 info

I pickup a 1988 Concord LS7 recently and i love it. The person who had this boat must have not used it much. I love the look. Im looking for info on this boat. How are they built, concerns, anything i need to look for or things to change. I have no knowledge of Concord boats, please help. Thanks..

Last edited by 88 LS 7; 01-10-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Registered

Default concord

If this is the 24` hull. I had a friend on Lake Lanier that had one running about 90 with a blower set-up and handled very well.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Registered

Ya it's a 24 with a468bbc.First time out with it I let off at68 because of steering issues . Still had a lot of throttle left. The boat seems to handle well, a lot better then my last boat.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:34 PM
Registered

Is Concord that bad that know one knows anything about them? I can take it if that is the case. The boat was almost free for the little paint work I did to get it. So if it's bad it's bad.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Registered

i do know they always made a good quality cabin cruiser but have not heard much about there performance boats
Old 01-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mach1magnum
i do know they always made a good quality cabin cruiser but have not heard much about there performance boats
How has your boat been for you? I take you have a Concord Mach?
Old 01-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Registered

I had some Gelcoat work done by Concord about 10 years ago in a small shop behind there one time now closed plant. Based on our conversation, Concord was made in North Little Rock, AR by the guys that founded Baja Marine, in Ohio. Fritz Hawkins and I don't remember the other guys name. If memory serves me correct, they sold Baja, came to Arkansas and partnered in Youngblood Jet Boats, then started Concord. They had a really nice operation and had a reputation for a quality product. Sometime in the 90's a bookeeper imbezzled the company for a substantial amount of money that just about put them out of business the person was caught and convicted but the damage was done. I'm not sure if there still in business but you can do a search for Concord boats and North Little Rock. The last time I was in there shop, the molds were still hanging up and they would still build a boat on a made to order basis. Basically a custom original Baja. I've know known a few people with the LS7 they've held up well.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Registered

no my boat is just plain old mach1 but back in the day when i was cruising my 32 Trojan fly bridge we had a Concorde or 2 at the marina and they seem to be heavy well built boats heavy in a sport fish good heavy in a fast boat bad
Old 01-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replys. Info is king.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88 LS 7
I pickup a 1988 Concord LS7 recently and i love it. The person who had this boat must have not used it much. I love the look. Im looking for info on this boat. How are they built, concerns, anything i need to look for or things to change. I have no knowledge of Concord boats, please help. Thanks..
I own a 1989 LS-7 outboard. I'm the second owner. I've had it for sixteen years with no structural issues whatsoever. This boat has had a tough life - stored outside year round, saltwater use only, and it's on a mooring in open water during the season. The red and black stripes are weathered - it could use a good repainting for sure, but it looks OK after a good polishing. I love the boat. It is one of the best looking hulls around, IMO. People often comment on it and it still turns heads. As for performance - it is woefully underpowered with a 200 Merc Optimax. I get 50 MPH on a good day. It is heavy and definitely needs more power to wake it up. But the ride in Peconic Bay chop is good and solid. Concord warrants the hull for life to the original owner, which says something about the build quality. They are still in business in Sherwood, Arkansas but mostly doing repair and restoration. There is an owners group on Facebook with pictures as well.
I joined here just yesterday. Have you got any pictures up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.