Notices

Speaking of Shadows

Old 01-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Speaking of Shadows

Since there is a great thread on here about a 1981 Shadow getting resored...got me wondering. It is my understanding that Love it again became Hustler which became Crimson tide which later became Out of Bounds lastly in CA...Where might this Shadow be now?
And also where is the Shadow 30 that was Ambusher then Eastern Express then maybe Cat Nip? Michigan somewhere? Interested, thanks.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Registered

oh yeh and pics of all of the names of these boats above if you have any. thanks.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Registered

Must be slow around here or I think I'm on too much. Any pics of 30 Shadow American Dream colors or when it was for sale at Sunny Isles as Miss Puerto Rico? ....please?!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

American Dream is alive and well as D-11 and was last seen at TnT with # 5's and blower motors......

Love It Again was sitting out back of marine Machine about 10 years ago when I saw it last, rotting, with some funky canopies on the deck, might have said Phantom on the side?
Old 01-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by no limits
Since there is a great thread on here about a 1981 Shadow getting resored...got me wondering. It is my understanding that Love it again became Hustler which became Crimson tide which later became Out of Bounds lastly in CA...Where might this Shadow be now?
And also where is the Shadow 30 that was Ambusher then Eastern Express then maybe Cat Nip? Michigan somewhere? Interested, thanks.
The Shadow cat that became Ambusher was gray in color & originally came from Lake Mead I believe. It then became Eastern Express. We sold it to Greg Dunbar from the Grand Haven Mi area, he named it CAT NIP. Last time I talked to Greg about 3 years ago he still had it.
Attached Thumbnails Speaking of Shadows-ambusher-h2o.jpg   Speaking of Shadows-eastern-express-shadow-h2o.jpg   Speaking of Shadows-shadow-cat-001-h2o.jpg  

Old 01-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
American Dream is alive and well as D-11 and was last seen at TnT with # 5's and blower motors......

Love It Again was sitting out back of marine Machine about 10 years ago when I saw it last, rotting, with some funky canopies on the deck, might have said Phantom on the side?
I wonder which boat became Crimson Tide and Out of Bounds in CA. I thought I read that T2x (in a previous post) said the second Love it went to CA...thought Crimson Tide might be it.
Hmmmmm.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by h2oboater
The Shadow cat that became Ambusher was gray in color & originally came from Lake Mead I believe. It then became Eastern Express. We sold it to Greg Dunbar from the Grand Haven Mi area, he named it CAT NIP. Last time I talked to Greg about 3 years ago he still had it.
Any more pics of this one? Very cool! I saw it in a Sarasota race 1989 I think. Did you have 500/550 hp smallblocks? Does boat still have smallblocks? Thanks.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley

Yup PHANTOM was it , I had seen it about that same time
at American Offshore in Dania when Greg Gluck was the Broker their. And funky is a good word for those canopies
too... LOL
Old 01-20-2012, 01:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by no limits
Any more pics of this one? Very cool! I saw it in a Sarasota race 1989 I think. Did you have 500/550 hp smallblocks? Does boat still have smallblocks? Thanks.
We ran 372cu small blocks with 9.5 compression set up for OPT, P class, they made around 550hp. I believe Cat Nip still has small block Chevy's.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

h2oboater, I remember that boat back when, before the Skater.......... I crewed for Humes and his Peppers cat CU one of these days..... Bill Jolley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.