Notices

Jersey Skiff Resto

Old 01-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jersey Skiff Resto

Hey guys,

I know this isn't an Offshore boat but I think some of you will find it interesting. Scotty B and I are restoring a bender Jersey Skiff in hopes for the worlds fastest Jersey skiff. Got it as a bare hull with a Roger Harris deck and since then have cut out the old stringers and replaced the stringers and cut out the old bulkheads and are currently re-installing new bulkheads. The power will be a blown SBC roughly 700-800hp. We have a bunch of different people helping us from Al Chesley building our motor to Bill Darby helping us with some odds and ends and blue printing the bottom. We will post pictures of our progress along the way and keep it update as best as possible. Thank you. Gregg
Old 01-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Kool! My first performance boat was a Bender Jersey Speed Skiff. Looking forward to seeing pics!!
What kinds of speeds will you be looking for? The handling of a skiff combined with that kind of power sounds dangerous??
Old 01-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Registered
Gold Member

we are looking for 100mph. and yes sir it is very touchy with these boats because of the weight and the way they react, we have and are rebuilding the whole boat pretty much so we will know the boat inside and out and build it the way we want it to handle, we have Bill Darby ( Geico skiff) doing alot of the setup once everything is together so the boat will handle the way it needs to at that speed.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Greg I have two friends with a lot of knoledge in your town Richard Weber and Tim Barrett and Richard has one I undersatand tell them I said to look them up They are two great guys.
Rich
Old 01-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Registered
Gold Member

hey Richard, I know Richie lol. I just went out on a skiff ride with him a few weeks again he has JS-70 daze of thunder, he's been over a few times to hangout! Richie is a cool guy!!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Type in " 100 MPH bathtub" into YouTube.. dude runs like 102 in his skiff.. looks like of a hell of a ride. Keep updated would like to see pics of the project. Like these skiffs alot, cool and different
Old 01-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Mountain.. ya thats the boat we are kinda building ours off of.. badass boat. I'm trying to post pictures but guess I can't because of the membership I have?? I will try to have Scotty b pot some up or upgrade my membership tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Racer
Racer

The building of OverKill, 15 1/2 ft Jersey skiff
Attached Thumbnails Jersey Skiff Resto-skiff-1.jpg   Jersey Skiff Resto-skiff3.jpg   Jersey Skiff Resto-skiff4.jpg  

Jersey Skiff Resto-skiff5.jpg  
Old 01-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Racer
Racer

more pics new stringers
Attached Thumbnails Jersey Skiff Resto-skiffbuild2.jpg   Jersey Skiff Resto-skiffbuild1.jpg   Jersey Skiff Resto-skiffbuild-new-stringers.jpg  

Old 01-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 800 hp 104 mph bathtub

Here you go ........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIioNasDu04

Whoa !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.