1981 Pantera 28ft on Ebay for $5999 >

1981 Pantera 28ft on Ebay for $5999

Notices

1981 Pantera 28ft on Ebay for $5999

Old 02-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That thing has been for sale for a very long time.....
Old 02-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Funny thing is I have not seen any posts proving the boat needs stringers and/or transom. Maybe I missed it but every post I saw was "second hand" knowledge and rumors.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:34 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Funny thing is I have not seen any posts proving the boat needs stringers and/or transom. Maybe I missed it but every post I saw was "second hand" knowledge and rumors.
osp, there are definitely posts here of a member who went to see it.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:05 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...8-project.html
Old 02-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the other thread.........

There is very little of value in that mess. Trust me it looks MUCH better in the pics than it does in person. It was completely full of a water for so long there was moss growing in it and the trailer is junk. Every piece of wood in the boat is rotten including the dash. There is also the butchered glass work in the engine compartment and a questionable title to make it interesting.

I was going to buy it (for about 1/3 of the current price) until driving 12 hours to see it in person. Trust me, stay away from that one at any price.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
osp, there are definitely posts here of a member who went to see it.
Only thing I saw was a member claiming the boat was "full of water". I never saw a post saying it was surveyed and the transom or stringers were wet. Hell, if I left my boat outside in a rainstorm for 2 hours it would be "full of water". LOL

Not saying it is or isn't worth $6k. Just saying I never saw any threads where the poster said they had it surveyed and needed a transom and/or stringers.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
From the other thread.........

There is very little of value in that mess. Trust me it looks MUCH better in the pics than it does in person. It was completely full of a water for so long there was moss growing in it and the trailer is junk. Every piece of wood in the boat is rotten including the dash. There is also the butchered glass work in the engine compartment and a questionable title to make it interesting.

I was going to buy it (for about 1/3 of the current price) until driving 12 hours to see it in person. Trust me, stay away from that one at any price.
That's the one I was thinking of. I guess my memory still works on occasion!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have first hand experience with this boat..it needs everything, it needs completely gutted, the dash is even rotted out, I put my finger through the dash, and I didnt need a screw driver to poke a hole in the stringers..and almost fell through the floor in the cuddy..the boat had almost 2 foot of water in the boat when we looked at it 3 years ago..and the trailer isnt worth it either..
ya its a 28 pantera which is something in itself, but I would save any amount of money you would spend on this boat. I wish someone would just BUY this boat..wait wait wait..I mean WASTE their hard earned money on this boat, and all this discussion could stop on if its a piece or not, or if it can be fixed. It can be fixed yes, but at what cost?? For what you will have in this boat, you could more then likely find a nice nice boat with no issues..I mean I drove 1000 miles to look at this boat 3 years ago..and its still forsale..doesnt this say something about the boat????

Last edited by stlliberator; 02-14-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

How wet is the deck core?
Old 02-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stlliberator
I have first hand experience with this boat..it needs everything, it needs completely gutted, the dash is even rotted out, I put my finger through the dash, and I didnt need a screw driver to poke a hole in the stringers..and almost fell through the floor in the cuddy..the boat had almost 2 foot of water in the boat when we looked at it 3 years ago..and the trailer isnt worth it either..
ya its a 28 pantera which is something in itself, but I would save any amount of money you would spend on this boat. I wish someone would just BUY this boat..wait wait wait..I mean WASTE their hard earned money on this boat, and all this discussion could stop on if its a piece or not, or if it can be fixed. It can be fixed yes, but at what cost?? For what you will have in this boat, you could more then likely find a nice nice boat with no issues..I mean I drove 1000 miles to look at this boat 3 years ago..and its still forsale..doesnt this say something about the boat????
Like I said I'm not saying it is or isn't worth it. I was stating I hadn't read any first hand knowledge that the boat needed stringers and a transom. But if you put a finger through the stringer then I guess it does need stringers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.