Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
30 Cougar Cat Arneson drives >

30 Cougar Cat Arneson drives

Notices

30 Cougar Cat Arneson drives

Old 04-06-2012, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Am i assuming correctly that the 32 active was a copy of the cougar or am I just making an ass of myself. I can do both. More info on the cougar please and pics as well. Thx.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

The Active's are Fiberglass copies of the Cougar, but not this one. they are made more to the dimensions of cougars offshore cats. the 32 was was very similar to the wooden boat that was Beep Beep/Michelob Light.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

yes the Active's were based off the Cougar (wooden) boat that came out of england, and kicked everybody's a$$es however it being made of wood, couldn't hold up to the vigorous tortures of ocean racing, Ross Focht of Ocean Express took the design of said wooden cougar and upgraded it and the Active was born... now it's my understanding that these boats are Kevlar layups, not fiberglass, at least the one I own is all Kevlar, I've had lengthy discussions with Ross on the boat... these are definately cool even by todays standards... this one of mine is very fast (big power) and handles like a dream!!! as I would expect with a 12' beam... the proof is in my driveway...
Old 04-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Registered

When I said "FiberGlass" I meant Resin & Cloth, Just not wood or aluminum. Ross's boat was also Kevlar. He had the "Kevlar Department" of Dupont there to Supervise the lay-up. he spared No Expense
Old 04-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ah... ya like I said it really is a cool boat, makes me sick to sell it... but someone will get a great boat and I'm just hopeful that the one who gets it will do something spectacular with it, as it is worthy of that level of attention... and it was built like a tank as no expense was spared in its construction...
ts listed in classifieds under Ocean Express 32' Active
Old 04-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

[QUOTE=adk61;3657750]yes the Active's were based off the Cougar (wooden) boat that came out of england, and kicked everybody's a$$es however it being made of wood, couldn't hold up to the vigorous tortures of ocean racing, Ross Focht of Ocean Express took the design of said wooden cougar and upgraded it and the Active was born... QUOTE]

I have pics of at least 2 class 1 Active cats that disintegrated! The Benihana Active of Aoki and the Hublot cat of Walter Regazzi (in English waters). So I'm not sure that they were built to last any longer than the wooden cats.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=littlenige;3661231]
Originally Posted by adk61
yes the Active's were based off the Cougar (wooden) boat that came out of england, and kicked everybody's a$$es however it being made of wood, couldn't hold up to the vigorous tortures of ocean racing, Ross Focht of Ocean Express took the design of said wooden cougar and upgraded it and the Active was born... QUOTE]

I have pics of at least 2 class 1 Active cats that disintegrated! The Benihana Active of Aoki and the Hublot cat of Walter Regazzi (in English waters). So I'm not sure that they were built to last any longer than the wooden cats.
There was also Steve Curtis's first Class 1 ride, the former Wolverine active, being raced as AJ jr's Mr Roberts. It had Major sponson damage. I think someone bought it and was going to fix it, But I have never seen it again...
Old 04-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

well I can't speak for those guys, all I can say is mine is mint and its a great boat!! FYI my buddy tore his $850,000 nortech all to sh*t, he hooked a sponson at over a hundred mph and ripped the whole port side off the boat, so no boat is infalable my friend, no matter who builds it...
Old 04-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

well a guy I know, not a buddy, as in pal etc... but non the less, it was a bad day on the water for him, glad that he survived the incident!!! too bad the boat didn't
Old 04-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Registered

We weren't saying yours is no good, Heck, if yours is Kevlar it's built better than most boats even today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.