gettin the old bird together

Notices

gettin the old bird together

Old 04-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

old shifters forsale if anyone needs em

new used shifters

later on ill re coat em with something hope they work they way there sitting as i like it comfort wise..
Old 04-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered

pulled 2 of these out striped all needed hardware off em there for sale also

heres the 2 going together that are going in .

heads waiting on springs then there ready to go on

heres the carbs and intakes... the intakes where purple as can be as my 6 year old boy called it girl purple..lol
i stripped them with aircrat stripper and power washer figured worst case id paint them black they look good enough to use bare to me
Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Registered

heres the exhuast tips they need cleand up still ill be using them mated to center dump 4 inch manifolds.. thinking above the swim deck but have to set engines in to see height wise..

heres a few shot of under the gauge panel before removing add on wiring was a mess still isnt as organized as i want it but im going to make sure all my wire is correct and good before i change to some better gauges then ill organize the wiring better best part is all the junk add on wiring is removed and everything wired back correctly now I HOPE

Old 04-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Registered

heres a few of the inside of the cuddy everything redone but i left the front striped carpet still going to make cushions at a later date ill do that once boat is running

heres on of the cockpit recarpeted its dirty from working on other parts again

part opf my drop out bolsters i built
just sat in to see what they look like still have to build the
frames for em and redo some black vinyl etc..

Last edited by jason y; 04-05-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Registered

i got this boat the cuddy door wouldnt even close the wood under the dash had moved around so bad over the years all that has been replaced along with the wood that makes up the cabinets.. figured i was that far why not.. all the carpet inside cuddy was layed by myself the cock pit carpet was me and friend and he also helped me with the headliner as theres no way one person can do it by them selfs..
Old 04-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great job sir...I especially like the controls and trim indicators....definitely on my to do list. Somehow I'm thinking the original cables don't work with modern controls? Love the Double Pumpers!!

Do you ever find yourself thinking...well I'm this far in it...so I might as well....?

I was sitting in that huge empty bilge last Sunday thinking about doing this and that ...rigging one thing or another. That's when it hit me...this is actually starting to be fun!!

Last edited by sprink58; 04-05-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Registered

no original cables do not work which is fine as i needed to replace one anyways
yes i do think that some times.. but im tryin to stay realistic to get this think together safely and reliably for this year as i know ill have the power back out this winter anyways so im holding back on a few things.. that will be screwed back up in the future..

the trim indiactors are old bennet stuff i know the plates work but the indicators where kinda crazy acting when i had it out last maybe a wiring issue as they where wired in pretty crappy still have to rewire them back in if they work ill keep them in the new dash setup at a later date if not prolly go mechanical. yes the bilge is huge with nothing in it ..lol just imagine i could actually sit beside the old engines in mine now ill be stuffing it even more full when the bigblocks go back in..
Old 04-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Registered

well im stuck waiting on the right cams to come monday as they sent the wrong ones to me..
everything else is here.. ill have my new used steering wheel on this weekend pics to come..
Old 04-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jason y
well im stuck waiting on the right cams to come monday as they sent the wrong ones to me..
everything else is here.. ill have my new used steering wheel on this weekend pics to come..
I'm in the same boat... litteraly. I ordered a bunch of stuff that I need to finish the transom assembly and engine install and NONE of it has showed up yet.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man she looks real nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.