gettin the old bird together >

gettin the old bird together

Notices

gettin the old bird together

Old 04-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
I'm in the same boat... litteraly. I ordered a bunch of stuff that I need to finish the transom assembly and engine install and NONE of it has showed up yet.

heck sprink we could combine all are parts and have one hell of a boat dont ya think?? ill keep it in the summer months up here then when it snows you can have it down there .lol..
Old 04-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jason y
heck sprink we could combine all are parts and have one hell of a boat dont ya think?? ill keep it in the summer months up here then when it snows you can have it down there .lol..
Aw Hell Yeah!!

After we see how your's does I'm already thinking on a pair of 502's. Once you get 800~900 horsepower in the water with a 26' boat the hull design is the only thing holding you back.

I look at it this way...once you get a strong engine and drive package you just start moving 'em to a better boat...hell the boat's not worth much without the power anyway.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jason y

heres the exhuast tips they need cleand up still ill be using them mated to center dump 4 inch manifolds.. thinking above the swim deck but have to set engines in to see height wise..

heres a few shot of under the gauge panel before removing add on wiring was a mess still isnt as organized as i want it but im going to make sure all my wire is correct and good before i change to some better gauges then ill organize the wiring better best part is all the junk add on wiring is removed and everything wired back correctly now I HOPE

I think the same guy must have wired mine too!!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sprink58
Aw Hell Yeah!!

After we see how your's does I'm already thinking on a pair of 502's. Once you get 800~900 horsepower in the water with a 26' boat the hull design is the only thing holding you back.

I look at it this way...once you get a strong engine and drive package you just start moving 'em to a better boat...hell the boat's not worth much without the power anyway.

yep my thoughts exactly if i want a new boat ill just buy a nice hull no power off someone here one day then swap em in ..
Old 04-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Great looking project!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Registered

well being i didnt have the correct cams i decided to finish up my steering i repainted the alum housing that bolts to the dash and the center of the wheel that was red from fireboat pilot to black and i tied my wires back up under the dash
pulled my old trim switchs out so i can decide to clean them up or solder some new wiring on them .. ended up gettin one set of heads set up for spings installed them and loosely bolted them on to block..installed lower timing chain sprocket also couldnt resist sitting the intake and carb on .. also got one set of rockers/pushrods cleaned up got easter plans tomorrow early after that im sealing and torqueing headbolts down.. bolting on rockers and god knows what ..

on a side note found my perko key for my cuddy door today didnt think i had one to lock it.. and dont forget them valve seals as i got all my parts layed out checked my spring heights etc put both sets of springs on and then it hit me i didnt put one seal on... so i had to take em back apart and install the seals.. as if i needed the practice ive done a bunch of valvetrains on racecars stuff to motorcycles . this i didnt need to do twice...lol

Old 04-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Registered

Nothing looks more wicked that an old "Rat" motor with a Double Pumper Holley sitting on it. Reminds me of some of the Big Block Camaros we used to play with...10 second door slammers that we drove to the strip...then drove to work....those were the days!!

Boat is Looking good.

I got my Bravo transom assemblies ready to go in today...going to try and drill the top two holes and get them in tomorrow....if my wife doesn't throw a fit...being Easter and all.

The next two weekends have me tied up in Contractors License Renewal classes... something I do every 2 years...so I would like to do it tomorrow...we'll see. I'm itching to drop the engines in and get this rig running.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Registered

lol i know how you feel my wife told me you should get the boat done for thunder over louisville.. here in 2 weeks.lol i was like i dont think thats gonna happen... now if i work on it nonstop from now till then and have everything i need here in the building it might be doable..lol ive been wanting to go to it as well but where gona miss it but ill dam sure be at lake cumberland at the end of the year and hit a bunch more runs up this year as well.. ........ where within days of taking over a existing running business and ill have a ton of work to do there as well .. its gettin warm again around here and im ready to be boating..
Old 04-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Registered

I got to tell you...I'm just about as excited about you getting yours going as I am mine!! Especially with them both being 255's...something that hasn't been built in over 30 years.

BTW...my glass guy was supposed to have had my vent windows done by this past Friday but I guess they didn't come back from the place that tempers it...they have to have a special logo put in the glass for safety reasons. I ordered extra so stay tuned...I'll let you know when it comes in.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Registered

hows your brothers boat going ???

got back home today and got the head bolts torqued
and went ahead and cut the grass so i wont be bothered with that crap this week correct cams coming in tomorrow once them are in hand ill have one complete engine and be ready to do some more work on the other short block

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.