KL2's 1984 Chris Craft Stinger >

KL2's 1984 Chris Craft Stinger

Notices

KL2's 1984 Chris Craft Stinger

Old 05-18-2012, 08:02 PM
KL2
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I went to Walmart today, and man do I hate that place. I did get my throwable, fire extinguisher, and a 1/2'' plug The plug fits pretty snug. I was looking at the flare guns, and all they had was the pistol version. Can someone tell me if that is legal without a pistol permit? I know NY is funny (strict) about things. Of course Walmart had no idea, and they said if it was illegal that they wouldn't be able to sell it. True I guess, but still I'd like a definitive answer.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Any updates? It was a beautiful weekend, get out on the water yet?
Old 05-21-2012, 05:51 AM
Registered

Flare guns are legal in NY without a pistol permit.

Doug
Old 05-21-2012, 08:47 PM
KL2
Registered

Thanks Doug for the clarity on the issue. I'll swing by WalMart tomorrow and pick one up. That's the last thing I need to be legal on the water. Boat is still registered in the guy's name I bought it from, but he said that's cool for "test driving" it. My trailer is registered to Ontario, it's going to stay that way for a while, it's over the 999# limit, so there's more hoops to jump through to get it registered in NY.

I picked up the proper plugs for it today, went to Napa. Also got some new fuses for the panel so I can do some wiring troubleshooting. Buddy had to cancel today he had an emergency road call. So he'll be down on Wednesday now to give me a hand. I got a gator grip too, which is exclusively for the boat. It's been thunder-storming here all day, so no boat work today.

I couldn't do anything on the boat on Sunday, had to pick up the car, blew a brake line. I don't have all of the tools necessary to do the job anymore. Yesterday, I did manage to fix some screws on it, and check the plug for snugness. I noticed that where the plug goes into the plastic, the silicone looks a little rough so I'm going to recaulk it. I wanted to fire it up tonight then upload a video, however, not in the lightening. Don't worry, Wednesday I plan on taking a video of the engine running with the new plugs in it.

Sam- how's your project going? I had a chance to read your thread a little over the weekend, and if I recall correctly, you're looking at engines?
Old 05-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by KL2
Thanks Doug for the clarity on the issue. I'll swing by WalMart tomorrow and pick one up. That's the last thing I need to be legal on the water. Boat is still registered in the guy's name I bought it from, but he said that's cool for "test driving" it. My trailer is registered to Ontario, it's going to stay that way for a while, it's over the 999# limit, so there's more hoops to jump through to get it registered in NY.

I picked up the proper plugs for it today, went to Napa. Also got some new fuses for the panel so I can do some wiring troubleshooting. Buddy had to cancel today he had an emergency road call. So he'll be down on Wednesday now to give me a hand. I got a gator grip too, which is exclusively for the boat. It's been thunder-storming here all day, so no boat work today.

I couldn't do anything on the boat on Sunday, had to pick up the car, blew a brake line. I don't have all of the tools necessary to do the job anymore. Yesterday, I did manage to fix some screws on it, and check the plug for snugness. I noticed that where the plug goes into the plastic, the silicone looks a little rough so I'm going to recaulk it. I wanted to fire it up tonight then upload a video, however, not in the lightening. Don't worry, Wednesday I plan on taking a video of the engine running with the new plugs in it.

Sam- how's your project going? I had a chance to read your thread a little over the weekend, and if I recall correctly, you're looking at engines?
Yeah, getting a 350sbc
Old 05-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Registered

Thanks for the compliments. we have had it on the water twice now. Trials and tribulations. had a water leak on a riser hose, power steering leak, elec. problem with the trim pump, now bow light, had to go to a colder spark plug, etc. all-in all its doing pretty good, dusted a big block 21 scorpion Last Sunday and had throttle left over( still trying to break-in and tune) projects take a while, keep the faith
Old 05-22-2012, 05:36 PM
KL2
Registered

Originally Posted by doggiedave
Thanks for the compliments. we have had it on the water twice now. Trials and tribulations. had a water leak on a riser hose, power steering leak, elec. problem with the trim pump, now bow light, had to go to a colder spark plug, etc. all-in all its doing pretty good, dusted a big block 21 scorpion Last Sunday and had throttle left over( still trying to break-in and tune) projects take a while, keep the faith
What did you end up with for a plug? That was my suspicion about my CC blowing up the plug, too hot. I got a 9 equivalent now, trying them tomorrow.
I went to Napa and asked them for a 1984 350 chev plug, didn't tell them it was for a boat.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Registered

I'm running an AC R42TS plug for your app I would run either a 44 or 43 depending on your compression ratio( higher comp would be the colder plug)
Old 05-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KL2
What did you end up with for a plug? That was my suspicion about my CC blowing up the plug, too hot. I got a 9 equivalent now, trying them tomorrow.
I went to Napa and asked them for a 1984 350 chev plug, didn't tell them it was for a boat.
What plug did you end up with? A boat needs different plugs than a car...Heat range is really important. You dont want one that runs too cold.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 PM
KL2
Registered

Originally Posted by Powerquest_Baby!!
What plug did you end up with? A boat needs different plugs than a car...Heat range is really important. You dont want one that runs too cold.
I put 9's in it. Fired it up tonight, it runs like a champ. My mechanic buddy came over and checked it all over. He concurs with what I thought, all goof. The original marine plug was in one of the plug holes. He suggested that I get a hei to get rid of the points. I said good point, going to look into that. Checked all the necessary things, out drive fluid, oil, power steering, all good. I have a video, I don't know how to upload video though. I'm pretty pumped, going out on the lake on Sat. weather permitting. They're calling for a 30% chance of rain all weekend now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.