Like Tree0Likes

KL2's 1984 Chris Craft Stinger

Reply
Old 05-13-2012, 07:47 PM
  #1
KL2
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
My Boats: 1984 Chris Craft Stinger 230XL
Posts: 58
Default KL2's 1984 Chris Craft Stinger

So, not to confuse mine with cigarette sam's I have started my own thread. Mine is finally home. I've got to get photos up now...
KL2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:50 PM
  #2
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
My Boats: boatless
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2 View Post
So, not to confuse mine with cigarette sam's I have started my own thread. Mine is finally home. I've got to get photos up now...
I can get them up tonight if you will email them to me.

Sam
CigaretteSam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:07 PM
  #3
KL2
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
My Boats: 1984 Chris Craft Stinger 230XL
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigaretteSam View Post
I can get them up tonight if you will email them to me.

Sam
Thanks Sam, I think I may have done it correctly...

http://s1052.photobucket.com/albums/s446/KL2222/


Try it and let me know. I do have rails on the back. I need cuddy glass, not the door, but the one on hinges above it. Also, can't find the plug anywhere in it.

I have a sneaky suspicion it has the wrong spark plugs, it smashed the ceramic on one. I can't find the exact type I should be running. More photos tomorrow!
KL2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:29 PM
  #4
Registered
Trade Score: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MA
My Boats: 33 powerplay cc / suzuki 300s
Posts: 2,526
Default

Pretty sure youll need a ngk br6fs
scarab63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:33 PM
  #5
KL2
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
My Boats: 1984 Chris Craft Stinger 230XL
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarab63 View Post
Pretty sure youll need a ngk br6fs
That's what's in it. I read about a tapered plug somewhere. 7's. It has the GM 350 in it with the thunderbolt ignition. I would think that a 6 would be too hot given the ethanol fuel. Worse case scenario would be a valve guide adjustment seeming that it was a "fresh rebuild". They could've missed something slightly. I've got to use an easy out to get the rest of the plug out. At this point, that will be tomorrow.
KL2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:48 PM
  #6
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
My Boats: boatless
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2 View Post
Thanks Sam, I think I may have done it correctly...

http://s1052.photobucket.com/albums/s446/KL2222/


Try it and let me know. I do have rails on the back. I need cuddy glass, not the door, but the one on hinges above it. Also, can't find the plug anywhere in it.

I have a sneaky suspicion it has the wrong spark plugs, it smashed the ceramic on one. I can't find the exact type I should be running. More photos tomorrow!
The pictures look great! Now that I look at those rails, mine are longer, because mine does not have the arch....wish mine DID have an arch though.
How fast do you think you will run with the power you've got?
CigaretteSam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:00 PM
  #7
KL2
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
My Boats: 1984 Chris Craft Stinger 230XL
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigaretteSam View Post
The pictures look great! Now that I look at those rails, mine are longer, because mine does not have the arch....wish mine DID have an arch though.
How fast do you think you will run with the power you've got?
I could do some calculations and probably get it pretty close, however, it's late, so I'll guesstimate.

Given that the boat weighs around a 1000 according to the literature I've read, and a 28 pitch, 23' of resistance, 9'6" beam... I'd say low 40's.

Yeah, that windlass is pretty neat. I like the fact that it matches the boat and it wasn't someone's afterthought.

This weekend will be a clean and wax the hull weekend. I need to peel of the old registration numbers, and trace the radio wiring. That seems to have a intermittent working issue.
KL2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:08 PM
  #8
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
My Boats: boatless
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2 View Post
I could do some calculations and probably get it pretty close, however, it's late, so I'll guesstimate.

Given that the boat weighs around a 1000 according to the literature I've read, and a 28 pitch, 23' of resistance, 9'6" beam... I'd say low 40's.

Yeah, that windlass is pretty neat. I like the fact that it matches the boat and it wasn't someone's afterthought.

This weekend will be a clean and wax the hull weekend. I need to peel of the old registration numbers, and trace the radio wiring. That seems to have a intermittent working issue.
Here are the stats that I know, (taken from www.chriscraftstingers.com)

1984 230 XL Stinger
Length: 22'2" or 6.77 m
Beam: 96" or 2.44 m
Weight: 2575 lbs or 1170 kg
Fuel Capacity: 70 gals or 266 lt
Fresh Water Capacity 8 gals or 30 lt
Power Options:
1-260 hp Mercruisers 901 lbs or 409 kg
CigaretteSam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:13 PM
  #9
KL2
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
My Boats: 1984 Chris Craft Stinger 230XL
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigaretteSam View Post
Here are the stats that I know, (taken from www.chriscraftstingers.com)

1984 230 XL Stinger
Length: 22'2" or 6.77 m
Beam: 96" or 2.44 m
Weight: 2575 lbs or 1170 kg
Fuel Capacity: 70 gals or 266 lt
Fresh Water Capacity 8 gals or 30 lt
Power Options:
1-260 hp Mercruisers 901 lbs or 409 kg
Wow, yeah I am tired. Weight of boat I meant to type 2000. I figured the powerhouse weighed about 925 or so. Still, figured it based on 2000 even though I typed 1000.

Now I'd go low to mid 40's.

Last edited by KL2; 05-13-2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Math
KL2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:36 AM
  #10
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
My Boats: 1988 Wellcraft Nova Spyder 26. 454 MAG with 365 HP and a Bravo 1
Posts: 973
Default

I cant believe you and sam have almost identical stingers! I like the arch!
Powerquest_Baby!! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.