Notices

cigarette 20

Old 06-20-2012, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----The whole CRT # may not be anywhere else on the hull but the sequence # may be written with magic marker on the underside of the deck somewhere near the dash and then covered over with a layer of mat but still somewhat visible. That #, if visible, should give you some deeper insight into the boats history...Hope this helps!.......Bill S
Old 06-20-2012, 09:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

it may very well be a 20. from the looks of it I say yes. prior to 72-73, no HIN was needed, if you have an early one with no HIN assigned someone may have done it at a later date. I'm not sure when Cig switched to the pad bottom either, this one is an early style rounded keel. IMP also did a splash of the 20, but they were very poorly laid up.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 78 with TRS is Port also! I like it! Especially having a Foot Throttle!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The good news that it appears that it is indeed a Cig 20. Some question the production date as being 1980, but all other aspects show it's the real deal. See the thread below.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...raigslist.html

Projects like this have to be done with the whole process of "the project" being the main purpose for taking it on. If you don't completely "want" the experience, clean completed Cig 20 resto's can be bought for far less that what this one will take. On the flipside, I love to see someone save a classic from such a disgraceful state of condition.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

And that is exactly what my intentions were, with the exception of maybe updated power and drive.it bothers me to see a pice of histroy like that rotting away.i don't have 20 to 30thousand to go buy one already done so i figured it would be a great project that would both teach me a lot and save an awesome pice of hostory at the same time.even if it took a few years.i guess my ?s inspired someone else to do the same seeing as though the owner just notified me that it was sold to someone down south. I hope whoever gets it will post the resto as it goes i would love to see it like new.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Registered

Wow it sold. That sucks. I do hope We get to see the restore. Where down south did it go ? That really looks like a nice project. Artie
Old 06-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yeah it does suck but maybe i'll find something better. Next time i'm buying first and asking ?s later.im not sure where down south,i just asked if it was somebody south of us and he said yes. I didn't ask any details.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'd really like to find something a little bigger than what i have now wich is 25 ft. I love the lines of the old school boats,especially the cigs.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

WOW. that sucks! I sure hope it wasn't anyone from OSO that bought it out from under you upon discovering it here!

I used some extreme caution when I found my Cig 20 last year when it came to asking questions on sites such as this one. The best deterent was that the Owner referred to it as a Donzi, but once I saw the pics, I knew a Donzi it was NOT. In the end, I acted quick and snatched it up fast before it went too public.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Registered

Damn Wet Bowtie that really bites...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.