Notices

1980 24' Laveycraft

Old 07-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1980 24' Laveycraft

I started this thread in the Laveycraft forum but it might be better off here
I consider it a classic

bought this 1980 24' Laveycraft daycruiser because I needed the TRS drive from it to use on my Scarab
originally intended to part it out and scrap the boat but have decided to restore the old Lavey now since it is so well built I love the old school classic lines plus the hull and gell coat are in great condition, I buffed a small section and it shines like new.
I have a twin turbo fuel injected 535 ci chevy that I was building for a jet boat but decided not to waste it on a jet changing out the merctrans and going to a model 72 velvet drive re doing the interior and polishing the gell
should make a nice sleeper of a lake boat
I know its not an offshore boat (I have my Scarab for that) but it is a classic Laveycraft

I will keep a build log, I got lucky and got a low hour fresh water only trs drive with gimbal and 72c velvet drive allong with raw water pump, trim pump and rams, alt, and PS pump for $700
disassembled the drive to inspect and it was like new inside

Old 07-15-2012, 06:05 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

typical of fools like us. you buy a boat for the drive, and end up buying another drive for the boat. interesting old beast. i couldn't kill something like that either...
Old 07-15-2012, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a Lavey in front of mine in line at the Glass Shop shooting my new gel coat this week. If it's still in there Tuesday, I'll take some pics. Gotta Love 1970's Colors.. Burnt Orange, Gold with Gold Flake, Sunset Yellow, and Off White!