'87 Pachanga 22 Project Pics >

'87 Pachanga 22 Project Pics

Notices

'87 Pachanga 22 Project Pics

Old 07-13-2012, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '87 Pachanga 22 Project Pics

Just posted 28 pics to Flickr if ya'll wanna see the transformation. I'm officially Up to My Ass in it at this point but by Next Friday, she'll have Fresh Gel Coat and be back in the water for the rest of the Summer! My username is Stickman811! I'll post the link on here shortly!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:49 AM
Registered

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/82536942@N02/
Old 07-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Registered

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82536942@N02/

In case the other link didn't work.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:55 AM
Registered

http://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=7561336696
Old 07-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Registered

That is going to be a sharp looking boat. I like those front seats
Old 07-15-2012, 06:29 AM
Registered

Did the Link work this time?? One of my Winter Projects is to Rebuild my Original Front Seats..you saw how lovely those looked, but it'd be October by the time I had them ready??!..I went with these because they are slick looking and narrow enough to swivel 360' on the bases. What's really crazy is the entire Cuddy is in Mint Condition, while the outside upholstery was completely goners.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Registered

i use to work for a sea ray dealer when those boats where brand new. they where a great riding boat and had a great sound to them with the mufflers and all. but they did have a great deal of issues with things including structural stringer issues. the first problem they had was the one piece windshields use to shatter in your face and they recalled them and had installed a 3m film to the inside of the glass. well that was a bad thing cause now it would stay together and wrap the two passengers in the face when it blew out. so they recalled again and installed a 2 piece front windshield. problem solved. the stringer issue was another disaster because they used 3/4 plywood glassed over but the problem lied where they used a aluminum right angle perch that was sandwiched between the plywood and from the abuse and weight of the engine the stringer would snap and the engine would fall in the bilge. im sure your boat has had all the mods and problems solved by now and it looks like your gonna have a nice ride when its finished. what power is in it and what drive are you running. i saw alot of these boats but only saw 2 with big blocks and bravo drives most where all alpha drives with small/big blocks.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Registered

I'm running a 454 Mag with 161 Hours on it and a freshly rebuilt Bravo with a 23 pitch Ballistic. 67 with a full tank of Gas and just me but I'm guessing a little ripple and less fuel would get some air under the boat and get me over the 70 mph. Mark. The stringer is 2x8 Composite Shaped and Glassed. The engine compartment was redone when the Transom Glass was done to fit the Bravo. One of the reasons you don't see the Bravo on'em much is because of Clearance issues beneath the Swim Platform and how low it rides to the ground when trailering the boat on the factory trailer. The previous owner knew when to stop so it wouldn't hit it, I added a rubber safety stopper. I have the Original Factory Trailer for the boat and simply added taller tires and bunk Adjusters and put on a V style Bow Roller setup so I didn't have any problems with the boat sitting flush or the lower unit dragging over dips and speed bumps. What're you sportin'?
Old 07-17-2012, 06:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stickman811
I'm running a 454 Mag with 161 Hours on it and a freshly rebuilt Bravo with a 23 pitch Ballistic. 67 with a full tank of Gas and just me but I'm guessing a little ripple and less fuel would get some air under the boat and get me over the 70 mph. Mark. The stringer is 2x8 Composite Shaped and Glassed. The engine compartment was redone when the Transom Glass was done to fit the Bravo. One of the reasons you don't see the Bravo on'em much is because of Clearance issues beneath the Swim Platform and how low it rides to the ground when trailering the boat on the factory trailer. The previous owner knew when to stop so it wouldn't hit it, I added a rubber safety stopper. I have the Original Factory Trailer for the boat and simply added taller tires and bunk Adjusters and put on a V style Bow Roller setup so I didn't have any problems with the boat sitting flush or the lower unit dragging over dips and speed bumps. What're you sportin'?
im a marine mechanic by trade and i currently am playing with a boat i got for free its a '75 18.5' challenger jet boat. rebuilding the motor that came with it which is a supercharged 454 coupled to a berkley jet. hope to see 80mph out of it. i loved those pachangas back in the day i remember all the magazine shootouts they had against the scarabII, the liberator,the velocity and a few others. it always had a nice dash layout compared to all the others. i think the best one though they made was the 27' with big blocks and bravos. the 19' was kinda crappy and the 32' had its share of the same problems the 22' had. good luck with it.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Registered

Sounds like a fun boat! I'd like to Supercharge this motor but it needs beefed up first..so..I'll probably do what everyone else does and just plunk in a new motor..only Bigger...$$$$$$$

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.