Introduction - Can-Am Carerra 2600 - 1979 >

Introduction - Can-Am Carerra 2600 - 1979

Notices

Introduction - Can-Am Carerra 2600 - 1979

Old 09-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction - Can-Am Carerra 2600 - 1979

If this is not the correct forum for me to have joined, feel free to tell me. I haven't been in boating in a LONG time and will be looking for feedback and tips while rebuilding this boat.

Hello everyone, I'm in West Michigan and am rebuilding a 1979 Can-Am. It's 26' (ish), and is powered by a single Chevy 350. The boat is really light when compared to the Formulas, Wellcrafts, Powerplays,,,, so it runs out pretty fast for only having a 350.

When I say that I'm rebuilding it, that means pretty much everything except the hull. New stringers, transom, outdrive, possibly engine (454?), interior, relocated bulkhead (want more cockpit space so I can seat more than 5 people outside in a 26' boat), and if the cards all line up, I'd like to have an open bow section and a small middle cabin. All new gauges, wiring, and controls. New windows and sunroof. New paint (bright white with vinyl striping and lettering so it can be changed more simply down the road).

I would LOVE to know more about this boat and manufacturer. So far all I've found is that the guy's name is Mike Stevens who built them in Sylmar, CA. I'm not even sure that is correct so throw me a line if you have some info.

Thank you!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Here is a 31' they built back then, if I find any info on this model I will post it...
Attached Thumbnails Introduction - Can-Am Carerra 2600 - 1979-can-am-boats-h2o.jpg  
Old 09-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's awesome. Thank you h2o! It is the first thing other than my boat that shows the company actually did exist.