Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Classic Offshore (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore-199/)
-   -   Tommy Adams Signature boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore/290024-tommy-adams-signature-boats.html)

mr vinyl 01-12-2013 12:23 PM

Tommy Adams Signature boats

6 Attachment(s)
Found an original Signature built by Tommy Adams.He was the person who got himself shot because he crossed someone.
He drove Miss America P-71... which is a copy of a Magnum just with a different deck...we think this was his display boat,based on photos from the Cigarette factory.Needs stringer and bulkhead work,no engines or drives $8,000/best offer Bud

Ratman72 01-12-2013 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by mr vinyl (Post 3847317)
Found an original Signature built by Tommy Adams.He was the person who got himself shot because he crossed someone.
He drove Miss America P-71... which is a copy of a Magnum just with a different deck...we think this was his display boat,based on photos from the Cigarette factory.Needs stringer and bulkhead work,no engines or drives $8,000/best offer Bud

Can't believe it is still around. Nice looking boat! You think that's the same boat from the factory in '79?

mr vinyl 01-12-2013 01:30 PM

Signature

Yes it is ...look at the colors,and there is a new one being rigged right next to it.We will do more research. Bud

Ratman72 01-12-2013 04:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mr vinyl (Post 3847350)
Yes it is ...look at the colors,and there is a new one being rigged right next to it.We will do more research. Bud

Unbelievable! Here's a better copy of the pictures, your absolutely right......looking at the paint job......

gbochis 01-12-2013 05:15 PM

Signature boats always had very advanced color work for their day. I spent a lot of time at the factory as a kid. That paint scheme was reffered to as the cottonmouth at the shop, not sure why? A number of 27 left with that paint scheme, as well as a ton of red, white, and blue boats.

mr vinyl 01-12-2013 05:52 PM

Tommy Adams

Ratman,thanks for the clearer picture.Also the other Englishman arrives here tonight. Bud

LOTOWONTOPGUN 01-12-2013 06:34 PM

Bud What state is it in?. What about a title.
What power did it have.
Thanks nice looking boat.

Ratman72 01-13-2013 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by mr vinyl (Post 3847454)
Ratman,thanks for the clearer picture.Also the other Englishman arrives here tonight. Bud

Spoke to him yesterday, I think he's looking forward to getting some time working on his boat. Mind you, with the weather the way it is here at the moment, it sounds pretty appealing to me too!!!!

Best wishes........

mr vinyl 01-13-2013 04:17 PM

Tommy Adams Signature

The 27 ft Signature will need new upholstery,rear bulkhead and possibly a floor,need to spend a little more time with it. It had 468's and TRS Drives,and ran just under 80 MPH.it comes with a clear title.and no trailer,If you are going to pull it yourself we can put it on and inexpensive one just for hauling. It came out of a Marina in the Everglades,brought to IL.in 93 and has been sitting for almost 15 years.Let 's keep in touch if you are interested. Bud

gttdnbman 01-15-2013 09:15 AM

So I have had my 27 super custom for 3 years and have been bummed at the lack of other Signatures and information out there. I think I have seen one with an outboard bracket on the east coast, Ridefast has one and I think I have seen two or three on Craigslist. Mine is titled as a 91 and has a FLZ Hin # (Which doesnt fit in the time line) any idea on how many hulls were made? Bud I would love to see more pictures of the cabin or any other information you may have, Thanks Bman