Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
38 Cougar Cat Endangered Species..Where is she now? >

38 Cougar Cat Endangered Species..Where is she now?

Notices

38 Cougar Cat Endangered Species..Where is she now?

Old 09-26-2013, 09:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
Do you use a Hydraulic Tie Bar??? How is the Alignment after a day of Boating?? Arnesons where always hard on any kind of Tie Bar. I have seen 2" solid stainless bent like a coat hanger ( on a boat just like that one )
I was @ Emerald City Harbor a few years ago when this pic was taken, there was no external tie bar ??? I have seen this cat run in the past & don't remember a tie bar.
Attached Thumbnails 38 Cougar Cat Endangered Species..Where is she now?-cat-dscn9607.jpg  
Old 09-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

On the 30' Cougar Cats with Arnesons we used Hyd Tie Bars, They work good but sometimes get out of alignment. This is the 1st "Race Boat" (or past race boat) I have seen use it....
Old 09-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just saw the beast out streching its legs on Macatawa down from Boatwerks today at lunch. Sounded good
Old 09-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love this boat
Old 09-26-2013, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

It Shows
Old 09-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Just saw the beast out streching its legs on Macatawa down from Boatwerks today at lunch. Sounded good
Boatwerks is awesome...first place we took my Fountain after we picked it up from Dave.

I'm betting the people of Holland and the north and south shores of Macatawa just LOVE Mr. Wesseldyk. Lol.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The idea was to build a safe poker run boat that would run110 to 120 and leave it appearing the same way it was when ti was raced.

Testing today the Cougar jumped up on plane with like a ski boat and charged up to well over a 100 with no hop at all then we ran out of lake and I had my Dad in the back seat.
This is the first aluminum cat I have ran and I was surprised how good it did run. I'm looking forward to getting it out this weekend and see what it will do on the big lake.

When we put it back together not knowing how it would run we set the boost down on the engines to make them 800's.After testing today I changed the pulleys and bumped the boost up back to the 950's.

Yes it has a hydraulic tie bar,one reverse rotation engine and merc crash box's.
Attached Thumbnails 38 Cougar Cat Endangered Species..Where is she now?-gedc022720.jpg   38 Cougar Cat Endangered Species..Where is she now?-gedc021120.jpg  
Old 09-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DWES
The idea was to build a safe poker run boat that would run110 to 120 and leave it appearing the same way it was when ti was raced.

Testing today the Cougar jumped up on plane with like a ski boat and charged up to well over a 100 with no hop at all then we ran out of lake and I had my Dad in the back seat.
This is the first aluminum cat I have ran and I was surprised how good it did run. I'm looking forward to getting it out this weekend and see what it will do on the big lake.

When we put it back together not knowing how it would run we set the boost down on the engines to make them 800's.After testing today I changed the pulleys and bumped the boost up back to the 950's.

Yes it has a hydraulic tie bar,one reverse rotation engine and merc crash box's.
It's a great boat. Glad to hear your happy with what the old girl can do. Have fun!
Here's a link to just some of the fun that boat gave to me from 2000 in Key West.

http://www.flpowerboat.com/gallery/d...bum=108&pos=38
Old 09-29-2013, 11:51 PM
Registered

We took the Cougar out Saturday in lake Michigan in 3 to 5 footers and it ran right over them it's a fun boat to run.
Attached Thumbnails 38 Cougar Cat Endangered Species..Where is she now?-gedc023420.jpg  
Old 09-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Registered

Man those outrigger rudders are wild....... Great looking boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.