New member- 87 IMP Restoration >

New member- 87 IMP Restoration

Notices

New member- 87 IMP Restoration

Old 04-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Here is one that raced back in the day [1974] with twin 340cu Super Bee engines.
different hull thats a 23 the one hes restoreing is a magnum 25 hull that imp got from magnum.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:51 AM
Registered

Pretty cool thread, My first boat was a 86 IMP Fredom 215. Though it wasnt considered an offshore boat, i did my best with the funds i Had to make it one. One of the most solid boats I have ever owned. I will try to attach a pic but if it doesn't work, I will also put the link to my face book if you want to see the pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/adrian.nagra...4804914&type=3

Last edited by only1adrian; 04-29-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

For some reason wouldn't let me load? This weekend was a wash but hoping for some time during the week to make some progress.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:46 AM
Registered

Looking good man I wish I could have pulled my motor but that will have to wait till the end of the summer now just not enough hours in a day.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 89impelaganza
Looking good man I wish I could have pulled my motor but that will have to wait till the end of the summer now just not enough hours in a day.
That's a understatement on not enough time! Haha had to pull after a few speed runs I saw about 10lbs. Of oils pressure but figured I would pull it anyways after seeing 6500rpm's and having bought the boat knowing it sat for three years with a solid roller I figured rather be safe and have the spring pressure checked for cam specs. Found spring pressure was off and brass on all mains! Now new turned crank line hone, new bearing, new rings and more comp. it will sound SICK!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Registered

Yea that's the bad thing about having a solid cam. And much better to find the bearings wore out now than end up throwing pieces of motor through the bottom of the hull and loosing the entire boat... I wonder if that has ever happened to anyone that would be my luck every time I blow a motor pieces come out the bottom lol.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Registered

Hey guys! New update and pics! First off HUGE THANK YOU to rchevelle71!!!!!!!!!! Seats really worked out better than expected! pics for proof! Measurement told me i was going to be very close to what i needed to align myself with the gauges and steering wheel. You will notice in pics but the wheel is getting moved a 1 1/2 to the outside. So these seats turned out perfect and didn't over tech per say the rest of the boat. It's should have had these from the start! Again big thanks to rchevelle71!
Now the other order of business is to secure the seats properly to the sides and bottom mounts. I'll upholster them over the winter and powder coat the frames. And I can also start building my Throttle box. Suggestions please love to here ideas! Heres what i'm working with. Thanks for looking!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you like them, they fit well.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Registered

Looking good man those seats look great. I didn't think about using boat to mount one side of the seat. I may try something out like that on mine. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 89impelaganza
Looking good man those seats look great. I didn't think about using boat to mount one side of the seat. I may try something out like that on mine. Keep up the good work.
Thanks Man! It's coming along very well. Except inclement weather and that Darn work getting in the way!
Most Current- I was able to rip up the old Glass under the tank. Seams like everything else below it was solid. Just the Glass had cracked. Ordering Rings tonight. As soon as the engine's up and running I'm definitely setting up and Idle rev video! IT"S JUST NASTY!!! haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.