Notices

magnum 27 sedan

Old 08-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the old Chryslers will run for a long time.tough motors.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My father owned an 24' IMP (sister of the rare 24 magnum built during the APECO era) from 1973- 1976. It had Volvo 270 drives and 340 Chrysler "Super Bee" motors. He only ran it one speed (wide open) never an engine or a drive problem. It competed in Hennesy Grand Prix (Pre-Benihanna), Brass Monkey Marathon, Long Island Marathon, plus every summer weekend on Barnegate Bay. Ran 67 MPH on tube speedo (pre Radar traps and GPS). He will tell you to this day that it was the best "race boat" he ever owned. It was competative in its racing class in the day, and it was a production family boat with a full cabin and seats for the kids.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:08 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello George
How is your Dad doing?
Please Tell him that I said Hello , I haven't seen or talked to him in many years.
Thank you

Jim A who raced with the late Jeff Galante in Outlaw and Airbrook and the old Orange Magnum Sport with your Dad in Greenwich CT back in the late 70s
Old 08-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim-
I will tell Dad you said Hello. He is doing great. Splits his time between NJ and Fl. I got him out racing again a few years ago. We had fun, but not like "back in the day". He and my mom just finished rebuilding the Toms River house after Sandy. They had over a foot of water inside the house. There was storm surge that went west of Fisher Blvd.
Regards,
George
Old 08-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you buy this Sedan? What year is it? I'm a die hard Mopar guy so you know what my answer is regarding the engines If you decide to pass on it please let me know. Thanks Murf