27 magnum fuel mileage question, twin 350s or 250 o/boards >

27 magnum fuel mileage question, twin 350s or 250 o/boards

Notices

27 magnum fuel mileage question, twin 350s or 250 o/boards

Old 08-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 27 magnum fuel mileage question, twin 350s or 250 o/boards

a 27 magnum with a pair of 350s with trs drives or a pair of 250 2 stroke ourboards, which do you think would give better fuel mileage and by what percent?

what would the speed difference be in your guestmation between these two set ups? thx, rm
Old 08-30-2013, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Ratman. I have a 1970 sedan. A bit heavier than a sport and not sure about the maltise. But maybe this will help with your request. I have a pair of 350 with bravo I drives. Cruse at +- 45-47 mph. I burn about 20 gallons an hour. Hope this helps.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

My Sport with 355cu small blocks & Volvo drives raised up 3" with 23p Mirage props cruises @ 38 mph & around 15 to 16 gph.
Attached Thumbnails 27 magnum fuel mileage question, twin 350s or 250 o/boards-img_0559.jpg  
Old 08-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by h2oboater
My Sport with 355cu small blocks & Volvo drives raised up 3" with 23p Mirage props cruises @ 38 mph & around 15 to 16 gph.
that boats a pos, want to sell it to me? lol looks awesome dude.... what do you think about this magnum?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1975-...orcev4exp=true

there is another magnum im considering it small blocks with alpha drives.... would you go with the trs over the alphas? thx, rm
Old 08-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by h2oboater
so you raised the drives and the transom 3" ? what is top speed on that baby? thx, rm
Old 08-30-2013, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
that boats a pos, want to sell it to me? lol looks awesome dude.... what do you think about this magnum?

there is another magnum im considering it small blocks with alpha drives.... would you go with the trs over the alphas? thx, rm
$25K is an excellent buy for that boat. You could easily spend that on the power/propulsion system.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks for the complement but she not for sale. My Mag will run around 70 but I built it to run 35 to 40mph all day.
I like that Maltese on ebay, I found one for a friend for a friend a few years ago that was 10k more, I thought that was a good deal. All the powder coating is a little much But ??? I like Trs drives if you don't put big power through them the last & shift nice.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know the boat quite well if any one is serious. Bud
Old 08-31-2013, 10:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
I know the boat quite well if any one is serious. Bud
im kind of sitting on the fence... im not sure i can fit an 8 foot wide boat in a container. i talked to a ro ro shipper on a 27 foot shamrock i was looking at with a yanmar. he quoted me 8k, but said if the boat would fit in a container 8' 6" wide it would cost less than half that. so i started looking at other stuff. like the sonic and the 32 manta which i like a lot.l will know tuesday am if the manta can fit in a container, and make my decision.. i like that blue maltese a lot!!! today i looked a container dimensioins on line and NONE of them were 8.6 wide at the door opening.. maybe these dudes have some special containers made that wide to handle boats, i will know when they open up tuesday... if i come across a 27 magnum cc in the next few days i will jump on it instantly....

please tell us what you know of the history of the boat.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im kind of sitting on the fence... im not sure i can fit an 8 foot wide boat in a container. i talked to a ro ro shipper on a 27 foot shamrock i was looking at with a yanmar. he quoted me 8k, but said if the boat would fit in a container 8' 6" wide it would cost less than half that. so i started looking at other stuff. like the sonic and the 32 manta which i like a lot.l will know tuesday am if the manta can fit in a container, and make my decision.. i like that blue maltese a lot!!! today i looked a container dimensioins on line and NONE of them were 8.6 wide at the door opening.. maybe these dudes have some special containers made that wide to handle boats, i will know when they open up tuesday... if i come across a 27 magnum cc in the next few days i will jump on it instantly....

please tell us what you know of the history of the boat.
I shipped my boat in a 40ft high cube container. They removed all the wheels, built a frame, strapped the boat to the trailer and then lifted it onto the frame. This held the boat diagonally across the container, corner to corner. Allowed me to get a boat with more beam.

Worked very well. Cost was $6500US to New Zealand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.