anyone with old pics or video "sho me" 32 maelstrom cat race boat >

anyone with old pics or video "sho me" 32 maelstrom cat race boat

Notices

anyone with old pics or video "sho me" 32 maelstrom cat race boat

Old 09-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone with old pics or video "sho me" 32 maelstrom cat race boat

Just picked this boat up for myself and wanted to know a little more about it's history. And see any old pics or video's of it running.

Thanks
Tague
[email protected]
Old 09-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got pics of this boat from the Barnegat Bay race back in the 80's. It flipped/or spunout in a turn when battling with Jesse James, leaving the owner hurt. I think Freeze Frame had video of it. If I remember right it had two OMC outboard engines and was raced by a doctor-from down south someplace? I don't have access to the pictures right now-they have been in storage since my house got flooded by Sandy. Send me an email to remind me to look for them.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the video. It was NNRT. I'll try to find it and grab the clip to post it. It was a pretty violent crash. What kind of shape is the boat in?
Old 09-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 09-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smokeybandit
I have the video. It was NNRT. I'll try to find it and grab the clip to post it. It was a pretty violent crash. What kind of shape is the boat in?
I wont know until tomorrow until it gets back but my friend that just picked it up for me said it's in amazing condition.

Olli thanks so much for the pic, it's awesome. I wish the paint job was the same, now the boat is all orange
Old 09-23-2013, 06:40 PM
Registered

here is what it looks like now

Old 09-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Didn't Al Copeland (Popeyes) Borrow that Boat for a race one time when it was first built? I Believe they won the race
Old 09-23-2013, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i thought that a guy named carl or al reger owned the sho me boat out of st louis, it did get recked and the boat that popeyes used was a larger version that was owned by mike druery ,copeland borrowed it and took first in the detroit race after his time off after the beep beep accident that i think was 1980 , but H2o shal summon his super powers to confirm or improve on the facts as i know them
Old 09-24-2013, 12:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ironhead
i thought that a guy named carl or al reger owned the sho me boat out of st louis, it did get recked and the boat that popeyes used was a larger version that was owned by mike druery ,copeland borrowed it and took first in the detroit race after his time off after the beep beep accident that i think was 1980 , but H2o shal summon his super powers to confirm or improve on the facts as i know them
Al used a 35' Maelstrom cat with 3 big Merc OB's to win the 1982 Strohs Spirt of Detroit race. I believe it was a 185 mile race for open class.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Show me

Show me belonged to my friend, Carl Regier of Flat Rock Lake, Missouri. I could probably come up with a phone number. He got busted up pretty good in that blowover.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.