Tom Gentry 5 cargo containers full of new stuff >

Tom Gentry 5 cargo containers full of new stuff

Notices

Tom Gentry 5 cargo containers full of new stuff

Old 01-12-2014, 12:22 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i dont know about the rest of you guys but i find it hard to believe that thousands of dollars worth of parts,enough to fill 5 shipping containers has been untouched for 20 years.80 surface drives for a race team,ya if they have 40 boats,lol.
4 engines 4 drives per boat. Amount of engines does not surprise me. The back of the trailer says "Gentry Surface Drives" if he was also selling drives the 80 amount would not surprise me. My biggest problem is I was a junior in high school when this was packed up. Need to say I was chasing something else in that era and it was not offshore boats... also facebook link looks pretty legit...
Old 01-12-2014, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
4 engines 4 drives per boat. Amount of engines does not surprise me. The back of the trailer says "Gentry Surface Drives" if he was also selling drives the 80 amount would not surprise me. My biggest problem is I was a junior in high school when this was packed up. Need to say I was chasing something else in that era and it was not offshore boats... also facebook link looks pretty legit...
guys I am and this is legit shesh... I'm not selling anything on here just trying to find out more info on this. I'll have more photos next week when we start pulling stuff out of the containers. We are tearing down one of the big blocks on Monday and I'll have photos of inside the motor then.

I've never had anyone question who I was before but anyways. Mike T, you seem like someone whos been on here a while and posted a lot, you've got my phone number if you don't believe who I am I guess you could call me, or google me, you know how to use google right? I've been vintage car racing for years .

[email protected] if you want to email me too.

anyways sigh.. I'll keep you guys up to date was just looking for some help trying to figure out what all this stuff is.

shaun
Old 01-12-2014, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am currently talking to "orionbbs" on face book and it is NOT Darr, you can see his profile on face book and you can tell by just viewing it it's not a fake person.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by orionbbs
guys I am and this is legit shesh... I'm not selling anything on here just trying to find out more info on this. I'll have more photos next week when we start pulling stuff out of the containers. We are tearing down one of the big blocks on Monday and I'll have photos of inside the motor then.

I've never had anyone question who I was before but anyways. Mike T, you seem like someone whos been on here a while and posted a lot, you've got my phone number if you don't believe who I am I guess you could call me, or google me, you know how to use google right? I've been vintage car racing for years .

[email protected] if you want to email me too.

anyways sigh.. I'll keep you guys up to date was just looking for some help trying to figure out what all this stuff is.

shaun
It appears you have a bunch of 20 year old boat racing items. It also appears you have one off custom items. This thread really belongs in the general discussion forum. I don't think anybody is concerned about it being a classified ad....unless you are looking for a lump sum payment to not have to pull, then inventory and sell it. I don't know if you have 150K worth of parts or 1.5 million....it does make it cool seeing this thread on a Saturday night instead of doing something cool like chasing tail...or running up a bar tab someplace...

Last edited by tomtbone1993; 01-12-2014 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
time will tell and if im wrong il be the first to apoligize but darr will go to great lengths to try to seem important.i have seen him do it many times through the years.he has been banned and returned with at least 50 screen names and several of them start with orion.
Go ahead and apologize now and get it out of the way.....

http://www.carbuildindex.com/8296/ba...r-restoration/
Old 01-12-2014, 12:57 AM
Registered

Go ahead and apologize now and get it out of the way.....

http://www.carbuildindex.com/8296/ba...r-restoration/
Thanks Tombone.. I'm not this Darr dude, whoever the heck that is You can see more about my Impala by the way at http://NASCARImpala.com including interviews of me. Was a fun project I did where we restored the car in 30 days for Monterey Historics.

My most recent project, kind of a crap deal a Mustang I bought as a Fastback that turned out to be a Notchback, we are going crazy on as a track day car/resto mod. try to turn lemons into lemonade http://www.stangtv.com/features/car-...tang-fastback/

Anyways... any info on the boat stuff is appreciated. I'll post more photos as soon as I have them.

thanks

shaun

Last edited by orionbbs; 01-12-2014 at 01:04 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:02 AM
Registered

Thanks Tombone.. I'm not this Darr dude, whoever the heck that is You can see more about my Impala by the way at http://NASCARImpala.com including interviews of me. Was a fun project I did where we restored the car in 30 days for Monterey Historics.

Anyways... any info on the boat stuff is appreciated. I'll post more photos as soon as I have them.

thanks

shaun
30 days??....nicely done...maybe you can help this guy out....I don't know if this rig will ever see the race track..lol

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/t...e-project.html
Old 01-12-2014, 01:10 AM
Registered

30 days??....nicely done...maybe you can help this guy out....I don't know if this rig will ever see the race track..lol

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/t...e-project.html
Yeah it was crazy working 18 hour days. The Impalas up at the Lamay museum in WA right now in their NASCAR exhibit until May when I'll start racing her again this summer.

Funny that guys doing kind of what we are doing with the Mustang. We are tube framing it all using basically a modern day NASCAR front clip and frame rails. Oh and we are widening the car 18"'s heh pretty crazy stuff.

shaun
Old 01-12-2014, 01:19 AM
Registered

Yeah it was crazy working 18 hour days. The Impalas up at the Lamay museum in WA right now in their NASCAR exhibit until May when I'll start racing her again this summer.

Funny that guys doing kind of what we are doing with the Mustang. We are tube framing it all using basically a modern day NASCAR front clip and frame rails. Oh and we are widening the car 18"'s heh pretty crazy stuff.

shaun

That is very cool, I have a patent and sell inflatable Paint Booths. I have one at Stevens Creek BMW, would love to check out your work next time I am in Cali.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:37 AM
Registered

That is very cool, I have a patent and sell inflatable Paint Booths. I have one at Stevens Creek BMW, would love to check out your work next time I am in Cali.
(BTW tried to send you this in private message but it says you've exceeded your quota, anyways don't care if people have my cell number anyways)..

Cool! I'm about 5mins from Stevens Creek Blvd. give me a call when your in town. I only keep 1 race car usually at the house. Right now its one of my IMSA GTO Buicks. The Impala comes back in May so if your around then I can show you her. The Mustang should be done in March at least thats when we've committed to the magazine to finish her up. Then it'll be my daily driver, I'm crazy like that heh

give me a call when your in town

925-548-0600 cell.

shaun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.