Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Tom Gentry 5 cargo containers full of new stuff >

Tom Gentry 5 cargo containers full of new stuff

Notices

Tom Gentry 5 cargo containers full of new stuff

Old 01-12-2014, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not everyone is Darr. I don't think he is bright enough to come up with a find like this. You would be surprised what people find that has been untouched for decades now and days. I can't wait to see everything you have. Keep the picks coming Shaun.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
That is very cool, I have a patent and sell inflatable Paint Booths. I have one at Stevens Creek BMW, would love to check out your work next time I am in Cali.
Can you send me a link to those? Sounds interesting.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Call Carson Brummett in California he had bought the rights to all the gentry stuff. Don't have his number of hand ..
Old 01-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shaun-
I think what you have in the containers is the inventory from Gentry Turbo Marine. Much like Betty Cook and John Connors did with the Kamma Team. (Kamma engineering provided Surface drives and engine packages to various boat manufactures to brand them "Kamma Editions") Tom also had a retail / rigging operation selling his Gentry Turbo Marine products. That's the only explanation that makes logical sense for a container having 80+ surface drives. Its a great historical find and if the guy who is restoring the Gentry Eagle or anyone else working on a Gentry livery project has the ability to purchase some of these time capsule materials it will be great for their projects. The down side is you have 5 containers full of nearly new or new early 1990's cutting edge technology that by todays standards is outdated, antiquated, and inefficient. Best of luck with the project.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

There is no need to insult every new member and accuse them of being "Jim Darr".
Old 01-12-2014, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts

If the OSO community would like to pitch in to send me a big power/surface drive combo, i would document the build. You could all see how fast an 18ft Formula could possibly go. If all this is true, it sounds like an awesome find.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Reading this thread I remember those Gentry drives. Looked like the tail section of the mosquito commissions helicopter. I always liked his twin turbo engines . The Carson Brummett stuff. Awesome, even today!

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 01-12-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
if this is directed to me i certianly do not insult every new member.and time will tell if i am wrong on this one but i still believe i am correct and as i stated in an earlier post,if i am wrong i will make a personal apoligy.i hope i am wrong but at this point i believe darr is laughing really hard.
It's all good. A lot of folks have the Jim Darr jitters now and rightly so but maybe suspicions could be handled be pm with a moderator. Carry on.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy MikeT you are a real ball buster. This Darr dude must have really ran you guys through the ringer here. I haven't had to go through this much trouble to prove who I am since my days working in the government, I hope all new users don't have to do that.

Its OK I'm game . The last thing I want is people thinking I'm fake or that finding this cool boat stuff is fake or some kind of weird scam. So here you go. Oh and by the way I'll post more photos of the stuff today I sent my crew chief out to take some pictures of inside one of the containers, the one we can get open. The others have literally sunken down into the dirt and we can only open one door into them.

So some links for those of you who aren't internet challenged

My linkedin page (better photo of me I must say) www.linkedin.com/pub/shaun-coleman/0/697/12a

My facebook page (has lots of cool photos of my cars, not a lot of me I like my cars better then I do my face, oh and food too you'll see lots of stuff I like to cook)
https://www.facebook.com/shaun.coleman.18

A car page documenting the restoration of my Impala, also where the photos below I am hosting from (hard to hack a wordpress site MikeT and post photos onto it by the way) http://NASCARImpala.com

and some of me... I hate these pictures but my reputations on the line! (Seriously MikeT its all good, you just gave me something to prove though now).

Last edited by Griff; 01-17-2014 at 01:10 AM. Reason: removed personal identity info
Old 01-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

dude you look exactly like Jim Darr!

just kiddin Jim really is a pieceof work and this is the kind of thing he dreams up. Welcome to the board and HOLY CRAP what a find. This would be on par with finding a couple garages full of Smokey's or Shelbys stuff. . . . how heck did you find this stuff?

great cars btw, love to see vintage race cars preserved like that.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 01-12-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.