Tom Gentry 5 cargo containers full of new stuff >

Tom Gentry 5 cargo containers full of new stuff

Notices

Tom Gentry 5 cargo containers full of new stuff

Old 01-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Check out the dust....one hell of a barn find...keep the pics coming thanks..Tom
Tombone any idea what the red gear looking things are with the yokes? The black outboard deals are the surface drives we believe, the red gear/yoke look to us like some kind of a transmission, there is a Sh*t load of those, and the black surface drives there are 80 we've counted as far as you can see into the container.

shaun
Old 01-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Now that we are back to normal.
Would love to have 2 of them for the race boat. Maybe we can make a trade. I have this race boat ...
Old 01-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That Gentry fellow liked the custom gizmos. Wild innovative hardware. Not a Mercury Racing decal in sight.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
That Gentry fellow liked the custom gizmos. Wild innovative hardware. Not a Mercury Racing decal in sight.
We do on the big blocks Looks like Merc Marine all did the ECU's for the FI motors. I've spoken to a guy today who works for Merc and he confirmed they did all of the engine ECU custom work for Tom. I'll get some photos of that tomorrow when we tear down one of the fuel injected/twin turbo big blocks.

shaun
Old 01-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Shaun!!!You need to talk to MELL RIGGS at RIGGS marine in Eldorado Wisconsin(920) 872-2728He used to be in with Merc back in the day. He is a book of knowledge.May be able to shed some light on you find!!.I would be interested in one of those turbo small blocks.JOHN SR

Last edited by Fenderjack; 01-12-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orionbbs
Tombone any idea what the red gear looking things are with the yokes? The black outboard deals are the surface drives we believe, the red gear/yoke look to us like some kind of a transmission, there is a Sh*t load of those, and the black surface drives there are 80 we've counted as far as you can see into the container.

shaun
Yes those red items appear to be transmissions.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

unbelievable find!!!!!!!!!!! that is just incredible. i wish i could see it in person. that stuff is priceless to the right person. would love to see more pics. congrats!
Old 01-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by orionbbs
Can they? Would be great to start fresh here seriously... and maybe an apology for a newbie like myself would be in order too humph I dunno. I'm OK without one though.

And I thought vintage car guys were a tough crowd...

shaun
They could and it would. In defense of Mike, the guy he is talking about has been an endless pain in all our asses here, and since Mike could not see your FB profile, it really did look like the kind of crap that JIm Darr would start. Sorry about that. You came to the right place in spite of all of that crap. This is the motherload of offshore racing knowledge and when the smart folks start weighing in it will all have been worthwhile.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 696 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Yes those red items appear to be transmissions.
they look to be a crash boxes and one w/ a power take off to drive a hydraulic pump.I have one that runs a power steering pump,old race set up,definitely some interesting stuff.

Last edited by sutphen 30; 01-12-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
1 looks to be a crash box,definitely some interesting stuff.

I can't even imagine...I would not be able to sleep until I had been through all five containers..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.