Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
1986 21v Eagle by seebold O/B can anyone help? >

1986 21v Eagle by seebold O/B can anyone help?

Notices

1986 21v Eagle by seebold O/B can anyone help?

Old 02-18-2014, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1986 21v Eagle by seebold O/B can anyone help?

So i have recently acquired a 1986 21' Eagle by Seebold O/B (eagle 21V O/B) with a 1988 300HP Johnson V8 and i'm looking to find some more information on it. I've tried to do some research on the Eagles built by seebold and i have not come up with a whole lot... So i am hoping that some of the more knowledgeable seebold owners, builders, & dealers could possibly help em out.

So to start off were there any canadian-made seebolds? I was able to find one little blurb online of certain versions being made in canada, but i could not find any other information to back that up... My Eagle says that it was manufactured in St.Louis. MO, and does not say anything about being manufactured in canada so i am assuming that someone had purchased this seebold out of the states and brought it back to canada.

Does anyone know how many 21V O/B's were made? Most of the ones that i have seen online have all been either the larger 23' & 26' versions with inboards. Even the 21' versions that i do find all seem to have inboards rather than the outboard version.

Now onto the Big Johnson hanging on the back of this eagle, i'm looking for any information i can get on the "Second Effort" products that OMC was producing at the time for these motors. The V8 Johnson that i have has Seccond Effort badges all over it and the boat, plus it has the lightweight "Limited Edition" cowl & has the high-speed gearcase with low-water pickup. Is there anyway of knowing if it is a true "Second Effort V8"? Also, does anyone know if any 21V O/B's were originally sold with Second Effort V8's? or would this just have been an upgrade at some point in this seebolds life?

I would greatly appreciate any information people can give me as i keep coming up with no answers as both of these companies aren't around anymore.

Last edited by Eagle 21V OB; 02-18-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:57 PM
Registered

Last edited by Eagle 21V OB; 02-18-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 364 Likes on 209 Posts

Did you try posting on screamandfly.com? A lot of smaller outboard experts on the board. Somewhere I have a brochure on them...
Old 02-18-2014, 09:27 PM
Registered

No i haven't, This was the first place i tried as some of my previous searches for info on these boats had brought me here. thanks for your help!
Old 02-20-2014, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

The boats where built outside of ST Louis by Bill Seebold and his sons. The made a 21 outboards 21 inboard along with a 26 and 32 models. I visited the shop once they it was all hand laid and nice work, Most of them had the mercury's on them that's a big old outboard off the back of the boat the hull bottom I think has a pad type like Velocity have. We had a dealer in Connecticut he has some 21 outboards. I think late 80 early 90's.

Also it looks like the sticker n the back of our engine is the round second effort. This was a company out of Louisiana that made many performance modifications to the V-8 Good luck that should be one fast package you have.