Searace sequal by John Crouse >

Searace sequal by John Crouse

Notices

Searace sequal by John Crouse

Old 03-01-2014, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Searace sequal by John Crouse

I remember hearing john had a second book ready to publish before he passed, thank was more about the racers of the era called searace the legends. Does anyone know what happened to the book? Who has it and will it ever be available...

Last edited by chewiekw; 03-01-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked the same question a while back and didn't get one response.

I know that Charlie McCarthy was good friends with John Crouse and Charlie had a go at producing a book called Blue Water Worriors but struggled finding a publisher. I'm not sure if they are related?? I dont think they are but I would expect that Charlie knows what happened to John's second book.

Personnaly, I'd love to see another decent offshore racing book out there, Searace is a master piece and something the late Mr. Crouse should be very proud of!

The Magnum book should be out soon but that's a bit different........

Please let me know if you find out more.

Last edited by Ratman72; 03-02-2014 at 03:23 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Need to find out from Mrs. Theodoli status on Magnum Book? Bud
Old 03-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

what is the Magnum book?
Old 03-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Registered

The full history of the legendry Magnum Marine!! The book has been promised for a while, so it can't be far away........
Old 03-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratman72
The full history of the legendry Magnum Marine!! The book has been promised for a while, so it can't be far away........
Blame it on the Sea Giraffe [Jeff] he found some errors in it when we were down @ Magnum last November.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 81 Posts

I have the manuscript of SEARACE the LEGENDS.

John donated it to HORBA before he passed away. Unfortunately as many of you know, John suffered with dementia in his final years and the manuscript reflects that with many repeats of the same story throughout.

I have culled it down to a much smaller version, by taking out the repeats and also taking out John's personal opinion on various people in the world of offshore. As we all remember, John had a very strong opinion on certain things and certain people and was never shy in speaking his mind.

It is different and very entertaining, but I can't find a publisher who is willing to take it on because they all feel the perceived market is too small. If anyone knows of a publisher who would gamble on this, contact me.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Self [publish as an e-book??
Old 03-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Speak with Kathrin Theodoli she is getting the Magnum book published in minimum quantities overseas. Call her or Harold Baldwin her G.M. for further info. Bud
Old 03-05-2014, 03:40 AM
Registered

www.lulu.com is a self publishing company. They also have a professional team that will look over it and advise on it for a fee. Why not take some pre-orders from members of OSO and the likes, we could all contribute a modest deposit to allow you to go for the premium assisted service, then pay the balance when the book is completed.

Perhaps the book could be a blend of Searace The Legends and Blue Water Warriors??? Sounds pretty cool to me……….!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.