Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
32' Cary Information... >

32' Cary Information...

Notices

32' Cary Information...

Old 05-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found these on my travels, apologies if I've posted somone elses pictures......
[ATTACH=CONFIG]523434[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]523435[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]523436[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]523433[/ATTACH]
They are all Cary 32' but it looks to me as though the one with JCS standing next to it is different to the boat in the other shots.
Attached Thumbnails 32' Cary Information...-beep%2520beep.jpg   32' Cary Information...-offshore%2520history0047a.jpg   32' Cary Information...-beep_beep_too.jpg  

32' Cary Information...-capture.jpg  

Last edited by Ratman72; 05-15-2014 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this is Lazarus. And yes, Bob's was a 29 not a 32. My bad.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:32 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Hi Charlie... Thanks for responding. I did get to talk to Cary (same name but not related), the guy from New York that previously owned the boat. He said that you would remember him as the "kid from New York" that got a lot of information from you about the boat. He said that Aronow sold the boat to Joe Timbello, a contractor friend of Don's and that it was hull #3. He wanted a race boat, but it was never raced. The boat was originally rigged by "Brownie" (and I'm sure everyone knows who that is, except me). Timbello kept the boat for about 10 years in upstate NY and then it got passed on.

That's the simpified version of the story I got so far. Don't know what you can add to it, or what photos you may have. Appreciate any information you may have.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 209 Likes on 84 Posts

The post #11 shows JC Simon standing in his Coyote shop in Hollywood.

My Top Banana can be seen next to him still being built,with the number 66 on the side.

The boat he is leaning on was a 29 footer and was called. Baby Beep Beep.

If the kid from NY has a lot of information on the boat, that is probably all I could find at the time. Once we get the site up and running again, I will take another look and let you know if I can locate new info.

I will be going though Charlotte NC in a few weeks, is Denver far from there? If there is an opportunity to stop, I would like to take a look at the boat and get some new photos' for the HORBA site.

Last edited by Top Banana; 05-19-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Thanks Charlie. Would love for you to be able to stop. My shop is right on I85 in Charlotte. The boat is up in Mooresville NC right now at the glass shop off of I77, about 30 minutes north of Charlotte.. So depending on where you're headed, one of those locations is on the way. I'm in the commercial printing business, if HORBA has any needs, I'd be willing to help out. We do it all, including limited edition artwork and prints. I'll make it worth your while to stop and share a little information. Just let me know. -- John
Old 05-20-2014, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 209 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by jrlake
Thanks Charlie. Would love for you to be able to stop. My shop is right on I85 in Charlotte. The boat is up in Mooresville NC right now at the glass shop off of I77, about 30 minutes north of Charlotte.. So depending on where you're headed, one of those locations is on the way. I'm in the commercial printing business, if HORBA has any needs, I'd be willing to help out. We do it all, including limited edition artwork and prints. I'll make it worth your while to stop and share a little information. Just let me know. -- John
Thanks John

I sent you a PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I built the 32 Cary Beep Beep when I worked for Frogs at Cary in 72,3,4,5.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Brownie... I was told by one of the previous owners that you rigged this boat originally. It's identical to the Beep Beeps, but was built for a guy named Joe Timbello, a contractor friend of Don's. Does that ring a bell? It's hull #3

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
I built the 32 Cary Beep Beep when I worked for Frogs at Cary in 72,3,4,5.

Last edited by jrlake; 05-21-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes. I rigged it in 1976 with staggered big block mercs. It was dark red then.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 171 Likes on 70 Posts

Hey Brownie. It's me Cary from NewYork. I spoke with you last year or so when I rerigged Bob Latham 's 29 Cary hull with new merc 300 xs outboards. I talked with the new owner of the 32' Cary here that you rigged. I bought that boat from Joe the original owner. Remember it was redish orange named" Lon gone". Alan Ray from Rubrails.com sent me a picture of you and him in the boat going for a test ride in 1976. Nice to see someone is going to redo the boat. I bought it from Timbello restored it and had it for 10 years before the sharks got a hold of it and stole it from me. Nice to see you are still on the site setting people straight on the history of these great boats. God bless Cary