Notices

12 Meter Corsa

Old 07-16-2014, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 Meter Corsa

Looking for info on these boats from late 70s to early 80s. Will end up with one this weeked after I purchase a trailer I need. Comes with one that may be salvageable. Hull was supposedly x-rayed and is solid. Has TRS transoms and B/W transmissions still intact, comes with one TRS drive and a pair of 454 cores. Needs rear seat and engine hatch pad redone, Hull looks good except where the name was scraped off upper transom down to bare glass. Front seats, instruments and controls are all decent and updated. Boat was redone in 90s or early 2000s and had supercharged big blocks (gone). Interior needs headliner or just headliner removed and original teak headliner refinished. I have one good 496 HO and might look for another good used to drop in and use with existing transmissions and drives. Sound like a waste of time and money or is this a worthwhile project? These are heavy boats and not looking to go super fast but thought I could get 60 out of her with the 496s. Would need to find one more TRS drive and maybe some external steering assist. Has 380 K planes and lots of other parts. If I don't redo could part her out as well.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]526184[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]526185[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]526186[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 12 Meter Corsa-corsa-40ft-boat-070.jpg   12 Meter Corsa-boat-pics-009.jpg   12 Meter Corsa-corsa-40ft-boat-067.jpg  

Old 07-18-2014, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Cool old boat