#99 gentry 46' scarab restoratoin

Notices

#99 gentry 46' scarab restoratoin

Old 10-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 374 Likes on 140 Posts
Default #99 gentry 46' scarab restoratoin

[ATTACH=CONFIG]530251[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]530252[/ATTACH]Well the fun has begun. We started by removing the wood on the inside of the transom so that we could repair the oversized holes that were cut for the homemade surface drives and repairing all of the notches in the stringers that they cut trying to fit 3 Seatek diesels in it. all the wood was in great shape until we got to the forward bulkhead in the engine room they had cut it out bigger to fit the Seateks and didn't seal the wood so it was nice and rotten then we cut out the cockpit floor because it was a little soft and found 25 gallons of nice stinky water and a rotten floor. but if that's the only problems we find I will be very happy because those are easy fixes we are replacing the floors and cross bracing with Coosa board so we never have to do it again.
Attached Thumbnails #99 gentry 46' scarab restoratoin-transom-repair.jpg   #99 gentry 46' scarab restoratoin-notches-stringers.jpg  
Old 10-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

One more of the cockpit floor[ATTACH=CONFIG]530253[/ATTACH] And engine room bulkhead removed right side removed
Attached Thumbnails #99 gentry 46' scarab restoratoin-cockpit-repair.jpg  
Old 10-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

love it great work
Old 10-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

TA.........What are you using as a historical guide in the restoration of the # 9 gentry?............. is this your very own project or are you commisioned by another for this restore? if it's solely yours, how did you come by to find her?...........sorry for all the ???'s ............I find it fascinating and very interesting!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice one, really glad your sharing all this with us......
Old 10-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Dan, What are the 3 holes on the Notch?? The 3 Water Pickups??
Old 10-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for taking the time to share with us as this project un-folds.

Jon
Old 10-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by scippy
TA.........What are you using as a historical guide in the restoration of the # 9 gentry?............. is this your very own project or are you commisioned by another for this restore? if it's solely yours, how did you come by to find her?...........sorry for all the ???'s ............I find it fascinating and very interesting!!!
I was commissioned by my customer to find and restore the boat he grew up watching this boats race here in So CAL. he wanted a Scarab and it was down to a couple of boats the #5 boat owned by Ben Leslie witch we are also doing a full restoration on this winter. The Lambo 43 Scarab but it was cut up into a pleasure boat years ago. He really wanted a 43 or a 46 so I went looking and 8 months later I found the #9 boat a got it bought. We are going back to the paint job that it had when it won the Worlds in 1988. With twin turbo Gentry motors and Kiekhaefer drives but we are going to use the first generation VI drive they look the same and we can find them.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
Dan, What are the 3 holes on the Notch?? The 3 Water Pickups??
Yes those are the three water pickups along with the 6 water pickups in the bottom witch we are not going to use we are going to increase the size of the main pickups and run 3 stage water pumps so that we can flush everything at one time.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Can you get some picture under the deck like bulkheads? Like to see how it was made. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.