OFF attendees important notice

Notices

OFF attendees important notice

Old 11-18-2014, 07:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
The event is from Nov=13th thru the 16th (Nov 13th is the golf outing)....There are race boat flybys on the 15th and 16th.
Rich good to talk to you again @ OFF, your Switzer wing & the other wings were somthing to see, you did more than just FLYBYS. Mark
Attached Thumbnails OFF attendees important notice-sam_0490.jpg   OFF attendees important notice-sam_0493.jpg   OFF attendees important notice-sam_0495.jpg  

OFF attendees important notice-sam_0500.jpg  
Old 11-19-2014, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----What a great event!!!!! I hve never seen so many rare boats in one place, and have never met a nicer bunch of people........Bill S
Old 11-19-2014, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by seeroy
Definately Jon Bakos in that photo. Yes the boat was a red 28' flat deck just the same as my brother's "Old Yellar". Both ran these boats in the original
(1967) Bahama 500. Bill suffered a broken motor mount and did not finish. I am not sure, but I do not think that John finished either. I think that these 2 boats had both Donzi and Magnum labels attached. I am not familiar with the "Dictator" boat. - Steve Sirois

1967 Bahama 500.
http://youtu.be/kALNooZRYfM.
http://youtu.be/5zZvSmz4lsc.
http://youtu.be/tl_q7oyMK-s.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I blew off a day of working on my boat to take the family to this event and we had a great time. I have some pics I will upload later.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We had a great time! Odell is quite a trip! He had some great stories and a nice collection of photos in his RV. "We didn't have no pansy ass storm courses".
He even had one of the Wynne Walters W castings!
Rich, Sammy, Steve, Charlie, George Linder, They all signed my Searace book!

On Saturday we snuck away to see the Historic 24 at Daytona. That was wonderful.

Jeff
Old 11-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Mark,

It was good to be able to see you again this year at the OFF event of last week and of course meet with both Bill and Burt plus the early day super stars Charlie, Odell, Sammy and Sonny etc quite an

occasion. Sorry that we did not have the opportunity to say good bye but doubtless we will be in touch via the Internet over the coming months.

Ian