Notices

bertram 20 baron

Old 12-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bertram 20 baron

anyone know this hull? looking to repower with a mercruiser small block and mercruiser outdrive. Would a bravo 1 or bravo 3 be the best option?
Old 12-14-2014, 02:15 AM
Registered

Received 638 Likes on 295 Posts

Saw that You were looking to buy a Cig 20' and bought the Baron instead. It's telling me You like performance, but mainly will cruise at occasional decent speed. I believe You'll appreciate the better maneuverability, smoother shifting, better trackability and fuel economy you'll achieve with the Bravo three. Since the Baron is fairly heavy, has 24 degrees deep-V, the Bravo Three is on the heavier side etc. you will need a high performance small block to get a decent top speed. Taking 4 adults going for a comfortable fun cruise at 30 knots in some light chop in a Baron with a small block with +300hp and a Bravo three got to be one of the nicest boats in it's class. If You're looking for mainly impressive top speed in a 'bang for the buck' rigged boat and you usually only bring one other person along for spirited rides I'd say get a beefy Bravo One with a big block.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 374 Likes on 140 Posts

restored one for a guy here in L.A. a few years ago we installed the Merc 383 bravo 1 package with the drive 2 inches up. Runs great speed is in the low 60s
Old 12-16-2014, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

o.k great, thanks for the replies.