Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
I am writing the book, while I am on this side of the daisies....... >

I am writing the book, while I am on this side of the daisies.......

Notices

I am writing the book, while I am on this side of the daisies.......

Old 03-05-2015, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
I love the banter in the Davey / Brownie interview on the legends of offshore DVD.
I have not seen this !! sounds interesting,
Old 03-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Brownie- My sage advice to you is to write the book and change the names of those currently living. My dad was writing a book when diagnosed with cancer and 7 months later -gone. Altjough not directly involved in boating he ran a car company for a time. Believe me he had stories.. Balooning with Malcom Forbes over his chateau....just to mention....

Essentially life is a race and the path you take allows you to "grab the rings" so DO IT and be damned about who you offend.

Roger aka Wannabe
Old 03-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't give a **** about somebody shooting me. This has to do with marriages, and other peoples happiness, that I would never compromise, but it is so F#####G funny.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Very cool, looking forward it reading it. Thank you for taking the time to do this.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 562 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
I don't give a **** about somebody shooting me. This has to do with marriages, and other peoples happiness, that I would never compromise, but it is so F#####G funny.
yep

And if you used the Phase there is this one Fella we all know that did this or that happened to but we will not mention any names , there would probably be 4 wives for every story calling their divorce attorney.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Can't Wait!
Old 03-11-2015, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Is this book only about Boat Racing?? I'm sure Rum Runners and the shenanigans that went on there could fill a book, Actually just your houseboat at the dock.. I've heard stories
Old 03-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I am well into the book. I am really enjoying reliving some of the past. Still waiting for a couple of people to die so that I can tell some great stories about them. I am also looking for stories and pix. I am including a section of good stories from other people, both builders and racers old time and fairly old time. If you have a story that is funny and interesting and you want it in print, email it to me at [email protected]. I'm pretty picky. I am going up to Sammy James' for a long lunch in the next couple of weeks. If you have never been around Sammy, you have missed some major yuks. Also going to Odell, who is the undisputed king of boat stories and one of my best pals. Anyway, I am writing like crazy (hmmm) and look forward to sharing with y'all. Brownie
Brownie -

I for one have had the great fortune of sitting with you at the bar in Key West in 2004 having you mesmerize me with your knowledge of our sport. I even had the pleasure of sending you some Aronow stories I was involved in. I for one will be happy to prepay for my copy of your book. If you provide your address and the dollar amount, I'll be happy to send you a check for my copy and several others I'll give as gifts. I can't wait to read your book my friend.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 03-15-2015, 11:58 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Gil Lieber... $39.95 Racing team...

met Gil this afternoon, great guy I could'a hung out there for days talkin boats. Man what a view from the back of his shop
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 03-16-2015 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:11 AM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

can't wait Brownie "geterdun" and thank you for the enlightenment over the years

Last edited by I'CE; 03-16-2015 at 09:04 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.