73 magnum sport for sale >

73 magnum sport for sale

Notices

73 magnum sport for sale

Old 04-14-2016, 06:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 253 Likes on 109 Posts

Glad to see it stay in the area, glad to hear it's in good hands.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Well this classic Magnum has found a new home here in Algonac Michigan. The new owner also has a classic 18' Donzi so I think he is ready to take on this project Magnum.

I pointed this out a few years ago, Donzi 18 and Magnum 27, often both boats are in the owners collection

Missing my Corsican 18 . . .
Old 04-17-2016, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----New owner is a good friend of mine and I had a long looky yesterday. This Mag is nicer than I had expected. My friend is a pretty darn competent mechanic and is the right purchaser as he can do so much himself. Hes already started figuring out how best to get the boat in the water for the summer, and then probably make further changes (restoration, etc.) after the 1st season is over........Bill S
Old 04-17-2016, 04:02 PM
Registered

What is it with Lake St. Clair? Is this the only place where there is an abundance of these Magnums?
Do they all come there to come home and die? Because all I ever see is pictures of the boats tied up at a bar LOL.
Bill, as this boat gets refurbished will it be faster than Short Circuit?
While I'm at it, LOL, just how fast is Short Circuit?😜
Old 04-17-2016, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----Mario,,,Lake St. Clair is where old Magnums come to to be reborn, not die. What are you,,,,crazy??? Hey, I'm not originally from here, but I have learned that this area is where an overabundance of Magnums were sold, raced and just plain enjoyed. What you have seen on this sight and others is just scratching the surface. Every Saturday at the local anchoring hole (usually Muscamoot bay) theres a good chance that another Sport will show up that Mark has forgotten (hey,,,, he cant remember them all).

----As for the magnum we are talking about,,,Who knows. Harry (new owner) is a GM engineer and knows what he is doing. Can he make it pass SC?,,,Sure! All it takes is desire. SC is no where near the fastest boat on Lake Saint Clair,,,not even close.....But its fairly fast for a Sport. I actually don't know where we are for top end, and really don't care. Its about the "FUN" factor........Bill S
Old 04-17-2016, 10:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Mario L.
What is it with Lake St. Clair? Is this the only place where there is an abundance of these Magnums?
Do they all come there to come home and die? Because all I ever see is pictures of the boats tied up at a bar LOL.
Bill, as this boat gets refurbished will it be faster than Short Circuit?
While I'm at it, LOL, just how fast is Short Circuit?
Mario I can a answer your question about Lake St Clair & it's Magnums as this area [my opinion ] was the birth place for power boating. Just look at all the early speed records that were set in boats built by Garwood & many other Detroit industrial magnets. And don't forget all the backyard boat builders who built there own rum runner boats making delivery's from the Canadian side of the lake. Lake St Clair was a haven for speed for good or bad that never went away. When the 60's hit Detroit's job shops owners were looking for that speed rush & they found it in Formulas, & Donzi's. that was until this one [pictured here] yellow & white Magnum sport appeared @ Emerald city Harbor. That Mag was the first to hit the lake & as they say the rest is history. I believe there were more Magnum sports sold here back than any other performance boat as that was the boat every one had to have. Magnums are timeless classics that still have that following today..Just like the 60's muscle car you wanted but could not afford then the Magnums that were out of your reach back then might just be more affordable to you now, so that is why there coming back to Lake St Clair. Some of us just aren't satisfied with just one, Iron Head here on OSO is the Lucky owner of this yellow sport along with his red Anaconda sport, you would think one Mag would be enuff,, not !!!! As far as Short Circuit's speed in the past I had to DQ it for breaking out of it's 75mph bracketed speed class by a lot. Mark
Attached Thumbnails 73 magnum sport for sale-img_1565.jpg   73 magnum sport for sale-mag-anaconda-2011.jpg  
Old 04-18-2016, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

its not only a job but a addiction !!
Old 04-20-2016, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554403[/ATTACH].

I own a lot of classics but my Mag is my favorite.
Attached Thumbnails 73 magnum sport for sale-img_20160307_173448567.jpg  
Old 05-24-2017, 07:31 PM
Registered

Still have the magnum for Sale?
Old 05-25-2017, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

I have a good friend who wants to sell his 27 sport. Mint. He asked me to sell it for him.
Maintained with a open ck book.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.