Cobalt XV-200

Notices

Cobalt XV-200

Old 09-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NickOTeen
bigandy,
That is sweet! That might be the nicest orginal in existence. I could understand not wanting to sell it, but if you have a change of heart my dad would be seriously interested. There is only one color for a boat and that's yellow . Your boat would have been built in Chanute, KS before they moved the factory to Neodesha in 71. The owner of Cobalt has a red one that he did a few years ago with a 350 and bravo 1. I believe it's a 68. Cool little boats. Please post the engine pics if you find them. Thanks nick.
yup chanute right there on the valve cover!!! notice the HM on the manifolds!!! it was a dealer in WI personal boat and really did take good care of it. Pretty clear it wasnt a restore when i bought it cause of little things like that sticker in my opinion
Old 09-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Registered

sorry for the clutter on interior pic, if i would have installed the fuel filter on the floor i could have used the noodle last time we were out, electric trim and all that works great. Somehow she is in better shape than both my '98 model boats!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Registered

Hi Guys. I have one of these boats. I've had it and babied it for 23 years now. First saw it 32 years ago. Mine's a '69 as actually all of them were I think (possibly '68, but I'm pretty sure most of them have strong indications that they all left the Cobalt plant to dealers in 1969). There were 40 made. I have various information on about a dozen of them around the U.SA. and one is even in Sweden! That one is wearing Donzi logos, but it's definitely one of the 40 Cobalts because I talked to two guys there who have owned it. One of them sent me "before" photos and it looked just like mine and Andy's (complete with the Cobalt graphics and name), but now wears silver "DONZI" letters where it used to say Cobalt. Haven't seen or heard anything about that one for a couple of years now. They're awesome little boats! Might take mine out tomorrow! :-)
Old 09-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 69XV200
Hi Guys. I have one of these boats. I've had it and babied it for 23 years now. First saw it 32 years ago. Mine's a '69 as actually all of them were I think (possibly '68, but I'm pretty sure most of them have strong indications that they all left the Cobalt plant to dealers in 1969). There were 40 made. I have various information on about a dozen of them around the U.SA. and one is even in Sweden! That one is wearing Donzi logos, but it's definitely one of the 40 Cobalts because I talked to two guys there who have owned it. One of them sent me "before" photos and it looked just like mine and Andy's (complete with the Cobalt graphics and name), but now wears silver "DONZI" letters where it used to say Cobalt. Haven't seen or heard anything about that one for a couple of years now. They're awesome little boats! Might take mine out tomorrow! :-)
With only 40 built, I bet less then half are still floating. Do you have any pictures? What color is it? I tried to find the red one (v-drive) in Kansas City, but was unable to locate the gentleman.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Registered

zz

Last edited by 69XV200; 09-15-2008 at 07:06 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:57 AM
Registered

Mine is green where Andy's is yellow. They made a few with a reverse colors scheme on the deck (i.e. the stripe on the deck is white and the rest of the deck is the dark color -- whatever it might be. I've seen green, yellow, red, orange, and blue). All of the hulls are white.
I think the red striped one with the V-drive belonged to a guy named Wayne Siegert at one point. I'd have to check my notebook. I've got a handful of pics of that boat. Here's a few shots of mine and a link to it running on: YouTube...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1HW5lWLjEI
Having a little trouble getting the pics to load...
I've clicked the "Insert Image" icon but nothing happens! Any suggestions?
Okay, now it's doing something. Wants the URL of my image. I was expecting a "browse" prompt...
Showing my computer genius!

Last edited by 69XV200; 09-15-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 69XV200
Mine is green where Andy's is yellow. They made a few with a reverse colors scheme on the deck (i.e. the stripe on the deck is white and the rest of the deck is the dark color -- whatever it might be. I've seen green, yellow, red, orange, and blue). All of the hulls are white.
I think the red striped one with the V-drive belonged to a guy named Wayne Siegert at one point. I'd have to check my notebook. I've got a handful of pics of that boat. Here's a few shots of mine and a link to it running on: YouTube...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1HW5lWLjEI
Having a little trouble getting the pics to load...
I've clicked the "Insert Image" icon but nothing happens! Any suggestions?
Okay, now it's doing something. Wants the URL of my image. I was expecting a "browse" prompt...
Showing my computer genius!

Cool video! You have to be a paying member to post pics, but you can use links. I've tried to contact Mr. Siegert without much luck. I've located a blue one in Kansas, but I'm not sure the guy will sell.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Registered

Ah! That explains the "not able to post pics" thing.

I think I have some shots of it elsewhere (other sites). I'll have to think about that and post the links.

Here's another short AND similar YouTube video (in case you didn't find it) of my Cobalt taking off!

I probably have Wayne's e-mail somewhere. I think I've probably seen that blue one you mentioned too. I've seen blue in the normal color scheme (white deck/blue stripe) as well as the reverse one (blue deck/white stripe).

Do you know Wade Silzer (mentioned above) who works at Rebel Marine? I wanted to e-mail him (or contact however) because his XV-200 was in the March 2005 issue of Boating World in Lee Wangstad's "Classic Boat" article (always the last page of the magazine).

I wrote in and told Lee I had one and sent a few pictures and they popped a short piece and picture of mine in the March issue (editor's section)! Pretty coold stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWb5d...eature=related

Last edited by 69XV200; 09-15-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:28 AM
Registered

Here's also a link to the Donzi web site that shows a Powerboat magazine article done on the Cobalt XV-200 back in 1970 (along with a Donzi 18' article):
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...ghlight=Cobalt
Oh, by the way, my XV-200 is a 351W Ford. Many seem to have been 302's, but some were 351's. Pretty sure most (if not all) were Holman Moody's (with the exception of the V-drive). As I recall, there may have been an Interceptor option "listed" in the old, old, old old, old,old Cobalt brochure, but I have never seen one (yet).
Old 09-16-2008, 09:03 AM
Registered

Thanks for sharing your knowledge! That is a great article from powerboat. I do not know Wade, but I'll try to look him up this fall when I'm at the lake. I'll try to get some pics of the red one on our lake that has been redone one of these days.

Quick Reply: Cobalt XV-200

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.