Winter repower of a 223 Condurre >

Winter repower of a 223 Condurre

Notices

Winter repower of a 223 Condurre

Old 03-13-2011, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks great!!

You did a really nice job. Looks clean and tidey, not to mention it looks like a motor that means business. keep us updated.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Registered

Looking forward to hearing how the Lake Test goes. If you're able to, shoot some video while you're out there.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Took the cobalt for a swim today only to have to pull it right back out. Damn bellows must have gotten a hole in it over the winter. I new I should have replaced it before.

LC
Old 03-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Bellows replaced, back to the lake. 61mph on gps at 4900 and still had some stick left. Heavy rains here in the south has swollen the streams feeding the lake and there is so much trash in the water is was scared to go much faster. 61 may be shy of what it hit cell phone gps speedometer is real slow to update but 61 was top speed displayed. I know that it feels like hanging your head out the car window going down the interstate. Oil pressure is solid at 65 at 2000 revs on a mechanical gauge on the oil filter housing. Temps are stable, little low but 65 degree water. Getting a little sludge out the crank case breathers, builds up on the flame arrestor grate, hopefully this will subside in hotter water temps. Talk about a sit u in the seat from 3000 rpm to 4000. Great power for this hull. I am satisfyd. Getting my digital non contact tach back this week end, gonna verify rpms and start finding a prop.

LC
Old 04-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Registered
VIP Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEk9XQ9NIoU

Just a little video with some sound of the motor at idle.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Registered
VIP Member

digital tach added.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Registered
VIP Member

After a few weekends prop testing I have found that the Mirage Plus 23" pitch is the best prop for this boat/power combo.

I have tried

Bravo 1 22"pitch-nose down, could not trim out very much, prop would ventilate.

REV 4 25" pitch-great prop could trim out as much as I wanted and would not ventilate. RPMs were too low

REV 4 23" pitch-again great prop, good bow lift, rpms were a tad shy of 4800.

Mirage Plus 23" Best bow lifter, can trim out until I hit the limit, best speed at 4850 with 4 ppl, and a full tank of gas 64 mph. Best silp numbers too 10 to 11%. I am going to get this prop labbed, maybe a little more cup added.

I honestly think this boat likes more weight aft so the bow will air out a little more.

I am fairly happy with the project, added a solid 5 mph. with the engine swap. I know there is more speed in this combo, I just have to play we set up to find it.

LC